JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious if anyone here has used or considered using a Jobox, Grennlee, Knaack, etc. for additional storage. Not sure I'd necessarily use one for primary firearm storage but thought they might be okay for ammo and parts/accessory overflow.

Thoughts?

I haven't, but I've seen where folks use them for ammo storage, etc.
Get the type where the padlocks are captive and protected from tampering.
Bolt the whole thing to the floor.
Anything you can do to slow them down or cause them to make noise is in your favor.

I own a pile of them, big cabinet ones, chest ones and everything in between. They are really pretty secure and a great way to limit access to ammo or supplies. They are not a safe but they have a lot of valid uses.

Job boxes just shout "Tools = Quick Cash" to a thief. I would bolt it down somehow, make it hard it as possible to not grow legs.

Tools = Quick Cash is a good point. I've never owned one but from what I've seen most have the recessed locks which makes them at least inconvenient to break into. Some I've seen had holes in the back to loop a chain through and presumably tether the box to something stationary while keeping the padlock safe inside, which might be handy since most are on wheels.
I don't know, I saw a few on CL lately at reasonable prices and it got the wheels turning. Certainly not as good as a safe but more space per dollar.

They work real good:). Just make sure if you buy a used one that the parts that hold the lock are with it. Also, buy new propper size locks otherwise the darn things will jamb up on you. I think mine are American 50 size.

Job boxes just shout "Tools = Quick Cash" to a thief. I would bolt it down somehow, make it hard it as possible to not grow legs.

True dat JBett! Meth head bait comes in all sizes and flavors,

hitachi 1.JPG