JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have a stock jm pro 12 and all it has is a red front sight. I want to use it for tactical shooting and it is ok. for that. but wow what pain with slugs for my cheek ... so whats best for three gun. any ideas.... like the red dot or scope... or is that too much for three gun. never done a match so we will see

First off, no one knows what a "stock jm pro 12" is.. it sounds like a 12 gauge shotgun though. If it's a shotgun, the "sights" are probably just fine.

I have the XS ghost ring sight set on my 870 "tactical" and it works pretty good for slugs. I haven't tried shooting past 100yrds yet but, inside 100 they group good enough for me. The rear sight is mounted with a built in pic rail that would allow a shooter to add a scope or other optic. I thought about mounting a red dot but, I've been able to hit what I'm aiming at with this set up just fine and decided to save that money for slugs:) That JM looks like an awesome set up. Might be in my future!

Sights on a shotgun for 3 Gun are more of a impediment than advantage AS LONG AS you understand how you are supposed to mount and sight a shotgun.
I don't have a problem going out to 100 yrds on BC sized targets, 8 inch double swinger plates to 60 are still doable without a rear sight.
The JM's didn't preform very well at Ironman this year, first year that a lot of them have been on the market. If you want a 3 gun shotgun you can't skimp, prepare to spend enough to at least get a Benelli m1 or 2. The 1301 and versamax and market leaders currently.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top