JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been there many times, its a garage converted to a gun shop. Great older guy, with a good selection considering its in a garage. I bought a 10/22 there. Some of his stuff is high priced, and some is great priced. Just takes some looking. (and asking because his prices aren't always shown). Great old time service.

Also, its best to call ahead, because he is not always home.

I used to see him at the Benton County Gunshows in the late 1970's. I last sold him a gun, for a fair price, in 1981! He was a "straight-shooter" back then too.........................elsullo :s0155:

A shop I have not been too. humm

Its a shop in his garage, just to give you the heads up. Also calling ahead is usually advised because he is not always home.

The other odd thing about his shop, most guns don't have prices on them, he just looks them up. But usually it seems like he has a bit of haggle room, since he's not too dependent on the income.

Jim is indeed an institution here in the Valley. Jim was instrumental in helping my wife and I open our gun shop years ago. He provided us with free consultation and advise...something I've never forgotten. He has been a good friend and refers his customers to OFA.

I was in his shop two weeks ago and not much has changed since I firsted visited it in 1977. His selection is always good with a wide arrange of old to more modern firearms.

He is also a master Kimber dealer for those of you seeking a nice Kimber.

Recommended without hestiation. I have had several deals with him in the past all were fair. Do call first to make sure he is home. Having to ask on the prices always makes me wonder...like - if you irritate him, do they rise? Nice guy.

Jim is a great guy and has a very nice little shop. Prices, as mentioned, range from a total steal to a little high and you do have to ask for the prices as nothing is marked. Has an absolute TON of things you won't find anywhere else! He has a better inventory in his garage than most businesses do with 10 times the space.

I had just seen him a couple of weeks ago at Jim Felton's, Jim's cousin here in Eugene.
They grew up together in Corvallis and were like brothers. He seemed pretty good, just goes to show ya never know.
I did a lot of restoration work for him since the late 1980's. A number of Mdl 12's, 42's, 70's and 54's ran through our shop from him. He was always a classy man . His cousin Jim Felton here in Eugene, went to Gunsmithing School under Parker (P.O. Ackley ) and Robert G. (Bob ) West. Really does not get any better than that. Thru those fellas I met a lot of very knowledgeable, real custom gunsmiths & gunmakers. Unfortunately they are all passing. I talked with his cousin over the weekend also.

R.I.P Mr. Jim

Sincerely, George @WVG

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR