Jim's Gun Shop

Reactions
I've been there many times, its a garage converted to a gun shop. Great older guy, with a good selection considering its in a garage. I bought a 10/22 there. Some of his stuff is high priced, and some is great priced. Just takes some looking. (and asking because his prices aren't always shown). Great old time service.

Also, its best to call ahead, because he is not always home.

Reactions
A shop I have not been too. humm
Its a shop in his garage, just to give you the heads up. Also calling ahead is usually advised because he is not always home.

The other odd thing about his shop, most guns don't have prices on them, he just looks them up. But usually it seems like he has a bit of haggle room, since he's not too dependent on the income.

Reactions
Jim is indeed an institution here in the Valley. Jim was instrumental in helping my wife and I open our gun shop years ago. He provided us with free consultation and advise...something I've never forgotten. He has been a good friend and refers his customers to OFA.

I was in his shop two weeks ago and not much has changed since I firsted visited it in 1977. His selection is always good with a wide arrange of old to more modern firearms.

He is also a master Kimber dealer for those of you seeking a nice Kimber.

Reactions
Recommended without hestiation. I have had several deals with him in the past all were fair. Do call first to make sure he is home. Having to ask on the prices always makes me wonder...like - if you irritate him, do they rise? Nice guy.

Reactions
Jim is a great guy and has a very nice little shop. Prices, as mentioned, range from a total steal to a little high and you do have to ask for the prices as nothing is marked. Has an absolute TON of things you won't find anywhere else! He has a better inventory in his garage than most businesses do with 10 times the space.

I had just seen him a couple of weeks ago at Jim Felton's, Jim's cousin here in Eugene.
They grew up together in Corvallis and were like brothers. He seemed pretty good, just goes to show ya never know.
I did a lot of restoration work for him since the late 1980's. A number of Mdl 12's, 42's, 70's and 54's ran through our shop from him. He was always a classy man . His cousin Jim Felton here in Eugene, went to Gunsmithing School under Parker (P.O. Ackley ) and Robert G. (Bob ) West. Really does not get any better than that. Thru those fellas I met a lot of very knowledgeable, real custom gunsmiths & gunmakers. Unfortunately they are all passing. I talked with his cousin over the weekend also.

R.I.P Mr. Jim

Sincerely, George @WVG

Last edited by a moderator:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom