JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, been going through a reorganization, purge even, this year for a variety of reasons. I've sold off a number of guns and will likely a small number more, because they weren't being used, I lost interest, etc. (For the matter, I'm losing interest in many firearms-related things these days, but, obviously, not all, or even close to the majority.) Taking a look at the collection, most of the NFA stuff I have no doubt I'll be hanging on too, either due to functionality (e.g., the silencers, SBS), just fun (at least one of the SBRs), investment, or a combination of those (MG, etc.). Still, there's a couple SBRs and, maybe, an AOW that I could see dumping.

Anyone sell non-MG NFAs? Where (e.g., Gunbroker, NWFA, etc.)? I realize "quick" and "NFA" shouldn't be used in the same sentence, but anyone deal a vendor that made it quicker (e.g., those that buy rare stuff or collections)?

(All that said, I'm not convinced it is worth the hassle, but figured I'd toss it out there.)

Not worth the hassle. I have done one NFA item, but to a good friend that I trusted and he likewise. I had to hold the item until the stamp arrived months and months later.

I have not done this but my friend that got me into NFA gear told me he was going to request to have a SIG MPX SBR removed from the NFA list. Basically get the Form 1 stamp removed from it and it goes back to being a regular 16" rifle. When I ask how it's done, he said a request through the ATF. His goal was to make it easily transferable again.

If its something that is easily reversable ( like putting a longer bbl in an AR), as said above, have it removed from he registry. Kinda depends in what it is....might not make financial sense on some guns...

The ones I'm considering flushing: one is easily reversal, though engraving is on the receiver. One would be very difficult and not worth the bother, in my humble opinion. One, for all intents and purposes, cannot.

Meh, I'm not going sweat it. I've got a few more Title I items to purge, so will focus on that. The NFA items we're not using can just sit in the safe for now, I suppose.

Thanks all for the thoughts. (Though if anyone knows of a company, collector, etc., that is hip to those kinds of things, I'd value the info.)

The ones I'm considering flushing: one is easily reversal, though engraving is on the receiver. One would be very difficult and not worth the bother, in my humble opinion. One, for all intents and purposes, cannot.

Meh, I'm not going sweat it. I've got a few more Title I items to purge, so will focus on that. The NFA items we're not using can just sit in the safe for now, I suppose.

Thanks all for the thoughts. (Though if anyone knows of a company, collector, etc., that is hip to those kinds of things, I'd value the info.)

Maybe Joe can add a NFA FS section? Would need its own corner since its a slow and small demand. But someone already in Oregon wanting to buy prob could cut a deal with them. OR cosine at the LGS that has their SOT if they do it. I am always looking for more things I don't have to have.....

Maybe Joe can add a NFA FS section? Would need its own corner since its a slow and small demand. But someone already in Oregon wanting to buy prob could cut a deal with them. OR cosine at the LGS that has their SOT if they do it. I am always looking for more things I don't have to have.....

That actually is a good idea. :)

For an AR based SBR just sell everything except the lower receiver. The registered AR receiver (unless a pre 86 transferable MG) has zero value. Faster for the buyer to e-file an SBR stamp and once that is approved and engraving is done buy the SBR parts and assemble.

For people in states where some AOWs are the only NFA item allowed to mere mortals (California) there should be grateful buyers.

As for as listing NFA items, the NFA section on sturmgewehr.com would be great place. MG's, suppressors, SBR's and AOW's are listed and sold there daily. With AR receivers it's not worth it, with EFile Form 1 up and going for SBRs and the fact that there's already engraving along with the long Form 4 wait for transfer. I hang on to registered receivers. You can always return them non NFA configuration too but as previously mentioned, being engraved most potential buyers want a bargain or are not interested.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top