JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I would want this one on my Jesus rifle
Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

from pulp fiction!!

I've often thought of having my favorite scriptures engraved on my guns, maybe even in Arabic, so if we are ever over run by muslims they won't use my guns against us, none of them would want to hold truth in their hands.

Kind of like an intelligent gun lock that only recognizes the owner. :)

I've often thought of having my favorite scriptures engraved on my guns, maybe even in Arabic, so if we are ever over run by muslims they won't use my guns against us, none of them would want to hold truth in their hands.

Kind of like an intelligent gun lock that only recognizes the owner. :)

You do realize that Muslims consider the Bible to be a holy book, second only to the Qur'an, right?

If Christians offend them so much perhaps Al Qaeda will request that only Muslim solders be sent to fight them and only weapons and bullets built by Muslims under the supervision of a Mullah be used against them.

If we don't show respect for them like this then they will be emboldened and get mad at us.

:s0114:

Or they would just scrape it off... That's what I would do with a AK that had "America sucks" carved in the side.

You misjudge how serious I am, if I do it there won't be any strength left if they "scrape" ed it off, I'd make sure it wouldn't be that easy. :D

You do realize that Muslims consider the Bible to be a holy book, second only to the Qur'an, right?

In a very selective way, yes, by eliminating everything that points out that allah is satan in another name. They deny Christ's Godhood, for example. The only people who would argue that allah and Jehovah are the same are people who don't have a relationship with Jehovah through His Son. Everything in the koran is at odds with God's plan of salvation for man.

A comment that indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity. If owning a weapon means not being Christian then why did Christ order His followers to buy swords?

I find that quite insulting.

*I* believe I know why he asked those around him that day to sell their cloaks and buy swords.

Why do YOU think so? What is my fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity?

If you're going to tell a man he doesn't know his own religion, you better damn well be prepared to back it up.

Sorry if I insulted you. (Somehow)

But back to the point. Do you believe that the bible teaches that Christians not defend themselves? I see no other explanation for what you said. Perhaps there is something I missed, you are in a firearms forum.

The meaning behind the reference in Luke 22 is not in monolithic agreement by scholars. *Your* belief about why He said to buy swords may not agree with mine, and we could both be wrong. The notion that it is purely figurative is a modern invention. Older commentators believed the swords were to fend off robbers during a trip.

It's quite common in Central America for soldiers to paint and engrave multiple Christian symbols such as crosses all over their rifles and even take them to church to be blessed.

Native Americans put religious symbols all over their weapons and their bodies before going into battle as well.

As far as our enemies in Iraq and Afghanistan, they are far more interested in fighting the influences of Godless America pushing immorality into their culture, than Christian soldiers or a Biblical reference on their scopes. They did not start the war against Christians, they started it against Hollywood and Wall Street for pushing an immoral Brittney Spear's culture to their daughters. Christians are caught in the middle and it's ironic that the atheists responsible for provoking the attack now blame Christians and are telling us to drop our religion to appease Islam.

A comment that indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity. If owning a weapon means not being Christian then why did Christ order His followers to buy swords?

I find that quite insulting.

*I* believe I know why he asked those around him that day to sell their cloaks and buy swords.

Why do YOU think so? What is my fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity?

If you're going to tell a man he doesn't know his own religion, you better damn well be prepared to back it up.

Guys, take it easy. We ALL know why Jesus wanted his followers to buy swords. It's because guns hadn't yet been invented.

Sorry if I insulted you. (Somehow)

But back to the point. Do you believe that the bible teaches that Christians not defend themselves? I see no other explanation for what you said. Perhaps there is something I missed, you are in a firearms forum.

The meaning behind the reference in Luke 22 is not in monolithic agreement by scholars. *Your* belief about why He said to buy swords may not agree with mine, and we could both be wrong. The notion that it is purely figurative is a modern invention. Older commentators believed the swords were to fend off robbers during a trip.

I personally believe the passage reads that they were trying to look like robbers, since it was known by Christ that they would be arrested that night. To be fair, thats what I've always also been taught, so I havent looked at it very critically.

That being said, I believe that Christ teaches us non-violence. He shows that the power of God stands behind the just in the end.

Unfortunately, there are a number of ways that I haven't become as Christ-like as I would like to be. I have quite a habit of taking the Lord's name in vain and while i will never raise a violent hand to someone who has wronged me, I don't trust that my family is going to be taken care of perfectly. So I have positioned myself to defend my home. I'm also quite a hunter, since I was raised in Alaska to hunt where animals are plentiful.

That being said, the idea that you would imply that Jesus *endorses* the shooting of other people, no matter their religion, is not reinforced by the Bible.

Jesus said, "You have learnt how it was said to our ancestors: 'You must not kill; and anyone does kill he must answer for it before the court.' But I say this to you: anyone who is angry with his brother will answer for it before the court." Mt. 5.21-22

Jesus said, "You have learnt how it was said: 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.' But I say to you, Offer the wicked man no resistance. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also; if a man takes you to law and would have your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone orders you to go one mile, go two miles with him." Mt. 5.38-41

Jesus said, "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy; But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those whose persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Mt. 5.43-46

Jesus said, "You will be hated by all men on account of my name; but the man who stands firm to the end will be saved. If they persecute you in one town, take refuge in the next; and if they persecute you in that, take refuge in another." Mt. 10.22-23

That's just Matthew... there are many others.

I am not as Christ-like as I could be... but Christ was not a man who believed that a weapon should be turned on his fellow man.

Especially to imply that Christ would be into our war against fundamentalist Islam (you haven't, but others have) is wrong, I believe.

I don't mind what you believe... but the only insult I took is that I felt *I* was being told what to believe.

We allowed this to go this far based on the inscription on a firearm related part. But we don't want this to turn into a religious debate. As we all know, when 2 or more are gathered together, there will be conflict, and we try as much as we can to keep that at a minimum.

As Rule #3 states;

3. No religious discussion and/or material.

Everyone has their own beliefs, whether they be extremely devout or belive in nothing at all. This community welcomes everyone, no matter their religion, race, sex, age, creed, marital status, or disability. Since this topic has very little to do with firearms and a great potential to offend others, it's best that we leave it alone.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads