Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Jesse Palmer / Reflections Taxidermy...mount received

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by dolphins84te, Jul 23, 2010.

1. dolphins84te

dolphins84te Redmond, OR Member

All information has been deleted....the important thing is that I got my antlers back (and they were even attached to a mount).

2. Mr. Black

Mr. Black Zigzag, OR Member

Hmm.. This is utter BS...

Forgive my ignorance, but why would you pay for a service before it was performed? Isn't it customary to have the service performed and then pay for it?

Any respectable businessperson should be able to cover any expenses when dealing with a client's order. Payment should come after you are sure that the client is satisfied.

Best of luck with this situation though, people like this deserve illegal things to be done to them.

3. My 2 year old nephew is NOT a crook. :D

4. Perhaps this thread should be deleted?

5. dolphins84te

It is fixed now. Sorry if that scared you Sarge :bawling:

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Thank you dolphins84te, and I do understand your frustration!

7. I completely understand where you're coming from. Wasn't so much scared (hence the joke about my nephew's name), but the last thing you need is for someone to see that, and something to happen to the detestable Mr. Palmer. Better safe than in jail.:thumbup:

8. dolphins84te

Bump. Anyone?

9. Russianfist

Russianfist Sweet home, Oregon Active Member

This is a person I have known many years. He's 3'rd generation Taxidermist, local and does trophy work. I trust him and his work is top notch and afordable.

Slabaugh's Taxidermy
    541-782-1162

Ask for Doug.

10. Texas Taxidermy

Texas Taxidermy Texas New Member

Dont need any help, just answer the emails I send you.
    You sent me money for the antlers to be returned, but it was thru someone I did not know and no note attached.
    If you do the same again, just add a note and I will send them off immediately or wait a few more weeks and I will buy a cape and mount your deer. The FIRE was real and the insurnace company has still not sent a dime..

Address is right
    Not a gambling problem LOL another business that I run, We setup free poker games in bars. No real money used ever....

11. Texas Taxidermy

What do you wish me to do with the antlers? Mount them, send them back Your choice...

12. dolphins84te

I do appreciate that you are answering some of these things now....

The Paypal payment (from my wife's account) did reference the $60 for return of antlers. It is certainly possible that you did not see that.

Maybe you would like to explain to me (and the others here on NWF) why I was expected to pay you $60 for the return of my antlers that you took to Texas when I was willing and able to pick them up in Washington where I had shipped them too originally. Also, if I already paid a few hundred bucks for a mount that you have not done plus you lost my cape, why am I expected to pay $60 to just get my antlers back (and presumably you pocket the rest)?

To answer your question, I would like to receive what we had agreed upon, a deer shoulder mount with my antlers. If you are a man of honesty and integrity, that is what I will get (and soon). If you are out to rip me off, then fine. You win, you ripped me off, good for you. Please just send back the antlers which have tremendous sentimental value. I have offered to come and collect them in person in Texas.

13. Texas Taxidermy

You are welcome to collect in person...

Im willing to finish the mount, but there will be shipping costs to send it back to you.

Did not have your number when I left Washington, this and other contacts that you sent helped me (us) contact each other.

I am an honest man and not here to rip anyone off, have offered you many times to finish the mount. You must also understand that when I first came to Texas, had very little money. Getting btter now.

What would you like, its your choice....

14. dolphins84te

So, because you did not have the mount completed on time, as agreed upon, and then moved a couple thousand miles away, I am expected to pay shipping now rather than just driving over and picking it up in person as originally planned? (Or I can drive a couple of thousand miles or fly at my expense.)

How much shipping are we talking about? Will the mount have removable antlers? That should make shipping more reasonable.

If I pick up the antlers are you prepared to refund my money? Are you also going to replace or pay for a new cape since I sent you one that you no longer have?

15. Texas Taxidermy

I sold the business in washington and they guy that bought it (Mike) was not doing as he was suppose to do. When I decided to move, I gace him notice that I was taking some of the job back that is time to finish them was also expired.

Yes I will furnish you with a cape at no cost to you.

As I'm willing to finish the mount at the amount you paid, no refund. That would be your choice to take the antlers or a completed mount.

Removable antlers do not change the shipping price.

Average shipping is 108" total box, they charge 60 lb rate, even though the weight is only around 20 pound and the cost runs $78-94 deopends on service hired.

16. dolphins84te

I don't mind the shipping cost, I guess. When can I expect the mount to be finished?

17. Bhowe

Bhowe Seattle Member

Nice to see a good outcome.

18. dolphins84te

The outcome is yet to be seen.

19. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

There is this newfangled thing called a TELEPHONE that allows a shop and a customer to work out business details with each other IN REAL TIME without opening a thread on a public forum....

20. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Agreed.