JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Impressive. 150 foot hold.... curious what he's actually aiming at. A cloud in the sky?

Maybe a bit reckless too, unless your range has a 10-story backstop.
So you're saying it's reckless because the bullet may some how defy physics and gravity? If that happens we've got more to worry about then an errant 9mm bullet, we'd be all be to madly trying to find something to hold onto.

Last Edited:
J M doesn't do ANYTHING RECKLESS . . . Maybe for you it would be.

Sheldon

Hey it would be for me. I would not try it at this point in my life but only because I would waste 100 rds before becoming angry. With him it is far from reckless. 2nd shot says it all. Saying the 9mm needs a huge backdrop at 1000 yards shows some folks need to go back and look into the ballistics chart.

JM2,, I think He missed a direct hit on the ballon. I think the ballon got hit with bullet spatter as the Bullet hit mark on the backplate appears to be low-left.

Good Shooting

Lindy

Well, it isn't exactly 1000 yrds but my son (spec ops trained and all that rot ol'boy) regularly hits a 12" 300 meter gong on the range we have set up which we shoot at from the front deck. I know it ain't 1k but with an open sighted Beretta M9 it's, impressive to hear it consistantly ring across the canyon.
Bang, 1 1000 2 1000 3 1000,,,, ding!

Holy canole, I just noticed that was my 2000th post, man time runs fast when your having fun! Thanks for all the fun NWF!

I don't think it is taking anything away from Jerry to say he was probably lucky to get it on just the second shot given that he was aiming at the sky.

I don't doubt he was in the general vicinity or that he probably would have got it in under ten shots - unless he practiced before hand and knew just where to hold - which he probably did - I would if I was making a vid like that - I would want to know the general amount of holdover at that range and I would take all the elevation the sights could give me.

People should go out and try it some time. I've done some offhand shooting at 500 and 1000 meters and it is fun to try to just get on the target while a spotter tells you where you are hitting.

Impressive, I know the sight picture is the same from zero to 50 meters on all my 92 models,300 eeeek. I could find holdover at 300 I would think, but I'm not sure I would want to take 2 boxes or more to find out lol.

Good to see an operator using an M9.

Yes buddy. It simply makes me smile watching him shoot. "Here dad go ahead and take some shots". No kid,,, your doing just fine.

He swears by them, me I'm kinda old school and swing between the .380 and the .45 ACP for carry units, and the .357 magnum for a side carry in the sticks. But its sure fun to watch him make it sing like it should.

Heretic, ever shoot in alkali? Oh now there's some fun right there. Spotter, who needs a spotter?
No - when I was doing those long range it was eastern Washington over by Royal City on private ranch land (we had permission from the land owner to shoot and camp there for a week).

The dust was very fine and most of the time your spotter could tell where you were hitting although there was sage brush and rocks and some dry grass (we stopped shooting tracer when we started a fire on the hill and it took us half an hour to get a rig with water barrels up there to put it out - would have been very embarrassing if it spread).

Sometimes we could tell where a mortar/cannon projectile landed by the sheep scattering (we were shooting BP muzzle loading loading mortars and cannon into a tall hill a little over a km away).

That was a lot of fun, but was quite a while ago - lost touch with those shooters from the Seattle area.

I would imagine that the alkali flats in SE Oregon would be great for that though - wide open area, probably a pretty good dust cloud where you hit.

I haven't been out long distance shooting in years. Most ranges around here or the Seattle area or west of the Cascades for that matter don't have targets beyond 300 or 400 yards, and those that do only go out to about 600 yards, and the one local to the Portland area has postponed shooting with .50 BMG - which is one reason why I am selling my AR-50 - I have never shot it and probably never will - no fun shooting something like that at less than 500 meters and the real fun is at 1km or more.

Not to impressed. This is an online video; anyone can get lucky enough with unlimited takes.

He is a very talented shooter and his competition scores say a lot more about his ability than this video.

Sorry, but I love Jerry's videos. This guy is very entertaining (I understand his daughter is the driving force behind his brand building). There is nothing wrong with enjoying his skills and creative shooting.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top