JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh and I did try contacting Blitz on the topic, here is the canned response I got:

"As of July 25th Blitz U.S.A. is no longer able to offer product support
in the form of replacement parts, replacement products, or refund offers.
We will be closing our sole facility on July 31st. Manufacture and
shipping of all product has now ceased in anticipation of this closure.

All claims for eligible warranty refund must be submitted through the
Blitz U.S.A. bankruptcy proceedings. A special hotline has been
established expressly for this purpose at (877) 606-7519. Consumers may
also visit Kurtzman Carson Consultants LLC - Active Cases for further information. This same process
shall apply to any liability claims that may be received.

Blitz U.S.A. product information including safety messaging and product
use instructions will continue to be available at www.blitzusa.com until
September 30th, 2013.

Thank you,
John
Consumer Service"

I don't know exactly which type you have.. but it sounds like you have one of the old ones that were the same as the US mil used. These had kinda've a "castle nut" kinda lid. I inherited a few of these from my grandpa years ago, what I did was get an over-sized screwdriver (long) and jam it between the tabs and turn it that way...

Also, for those who are not too butthurt about blitz going out of business. Apparently someone is importing new nato jerry cans and selling them for about $20 less than the new blitz 5g cans went for:

<broken link removed>

Also, for those who are not too butthurt about blitz going out of business. Apparently someone is importing new nato jerry cans and selling them for about $20 less than the new blitz 5g cans went for:

<broken link removed>
Please note the "Not For Fuel Use" stamped into the side of the can pictured in the ad:

So an update-
A week of daily application of PB Blaster- followed by use of a chain wrench, 18" pipe wrench, bloody knuckles and lots of cursing have failed to budge the thing. At this point I'm suspecting the PB Blaster may have "reconditioned" the rubber gasket to the point that its not letting the oil get to the threads, so I'm going to try drilling/cutting/(burning?) the gasket out until I can see the threads, then reapply the oil.

A trick I used to use on the old Military Style cans that had lids rusted into place. Try tightening first. Hold the blade of a screwdriver against one of the flanges, and hit the handle till you see a bit of movement. Then go to the other side of the flange and try to loosen the same way. working oil in as you go, working back and forth till you get it to spin. You normally have four flanges so it will take a lot abuse before you have to resort to using a cold chisel and cutting the lid from the outside into where you can see the threads. If you do find you have to cut, remember that the position of the vent hole is to the top of the opening and getting the lid cut there where the pressure in and outside of the can will be equal will help. Also, should you decide to use heat or flame at this point, you can use the exposed vent to slowly fill the can with water first.

So an update-
A week of daily application of PB Blaster- followed by use of a chain wrench, 18" pipe wrench, bloody knuckles and lots of cursing have failed to budge the thing. At this point I'm suspecting the PB Blaster may have "reconditioned" the rubber gasket to the point that its not letting the oil get to the threads, so I'm going to try drilling/cutting/(burning?) the gasket out until I can see the threads, then reapply the oil.

Tisk, tisk, still have not tired Kroil? if that does not work you best toss the can

BTW you're still fired

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top