JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:s0107: I have a Bryco Arms, Jennings Jr. model .22 LR single shot rifle. I cannot figure out how to remove the bolt and can't find anything on these via the Web. Can anybody help?

The normal "hold the trigger to remove the bolt" does not work, nor is there any type of visible latch or catch. I pulled the action from the stock and there is nothing visible holding the bolt in place. Something inside the rear of the action is keeping it in place.

As a side note: it's pretty amazing how well this cheaply made rifle shoots. Using the BB gun quality irons that came on the rifle my youngest daughter (fits her tiny frame perfectly) can keep it to within an inch or so of a pop can at 45 - 50 yards. While this is pretty awful performance in the grand scheme of things, I think that's pretty amazing performance for a pot metal and plastic gun that sold for around $25 in the 80's.

Second side note: I'll bet this rifle outshoots most of the AR toting crowd I see showing up at the public gravel pit I'm forced to use as a range! But that digression is probably a bit too far and dangerous <ducking now> ;).

I didn't even know they made such a creature! Had to look it up and kinda want one now...

Not much to be found on it for manuals or schematics. If it's anything like a Daisy, though, you may have to remove the trigger assembly first.

Kinda cool little gun for a kid. It can't weigh more than 3 pounds, is a single shot with the pull knob on the back of the bolt to cock the hammer. Grooved for tip-off mounts. Trigger is well ... it's a pot metal gun but it's under 5 pounds and not all that creepy or gritty.

My little girl loves it as she can handle it with ease.

I'll pull the stock tonight and see if removing the trigger assembly will work ... I had not thought of that path, thanks!

Yep, tried that ... some old bolt guns required a push rather than a pull. I'm betting that the trigger group will need to be pulled at this point. I'll get to the rifle this weekend.

Pull the bolt back slightly as you're pulling the trigger with a little extra pull and you'll feel the catch and it should slide right out. Took a while for me to figure mine out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top