Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Jennings .22cal pistol

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by treemanx, Mar 11, 2009.

1. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Im looking for a good deal on a Jennings .22 cal pistol. Please let me know if you have one youd like to sell for a fair price. Thanks.:thumbup:

2. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Are you sure you want one of these? My stepdad has one, and when we tried to shoot it, the thing jammed every two or three shots. I wouldn't give him a box of 22LR for it....

3. cstmp8r

cstmp8r vancouver Member

I have one as well and I wouldn't recommend them either. The only reason I keep this one around is because my boys like shooting it.. But I suspect when they are older and have to clear the jambs on their own they may not think so highly of the little pea shooter..lol

4. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

I have one of these paper weights also, I've been saving it for years, waiting for a local gun-buy-back from the anti's so I can get four or five times what it's worth.

5. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I have one. I suspect that many stovepipes are due to limpwristing the gun (myself included). If you get a good grip, don't let it jump around and use a decent load, problems should be minimized. I wouln't trust my life with it, but its an OK gun to plink with.

Keith

6. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Well, thanks for looking out for me guys! Thats why I love this website, you guys are great!

Anywho, yea, I owned one YEARS ago, and I still have some parts and clips for them. I liked the one I had ok, it would just ONLY eat CCI ammo. If I tried to feed it anything else, it would jam. But I wouldnt mind buying another if I find the right deal for a screamin' price.

Thanks again guys!

7. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

sorry

8. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

I think the only good deal on one of these is if someone pays you to take it off their hands. As cheap as some good .22's are, that will eat the cheapest ammo, it doesn't make sense to buy something that only works when it wants to with more expensive ammo.

9. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Good advice, I will be more aware of my grip next time and see if this helps the jamming situation.