JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's an opportunity to help out our friends at Jones Creek Trail Riders Association. They are hard at work building new trails and need a boost in volunteer efforts and are close to completion. This is sponsored by JCTRA and WA DNR. Not a NWFA shooting event, however, after work you could always stop at a pit at plink away.

They are a great group of folks who have welcomed and helped us recently. If you can help out, I'd like to encourage you to go. Here's the Facebook link to the event...

https://www.facebook.com/events/638307642925925/?ref=22

If you don't have FB and cannot see this link, here's their info about the event;

"We hope to finish up the first section of new trail Saturday, June 28th.
We'll be hauling rock, installing signs, and finishing any last details to get the trail completed so the DNR can declare it open for public use.
We need all the volunteers we can get so come to the Jones Creek staging area at 8:30, Saturday, June 28th and help build the trails you ride.

Bring gloves, and come dressed for the weather. Lunch will be provided!!
For more information, please register on the www.jctra.org website so you can be added to our email list and stay informed about all things Jones Creek.

All volunteers will receive a $10 Rocky Mountain ATV/MC gift card in care of the RMATV/MC Racegas program. Visit www.rockymountainatvmc.com for to check out their stuff!

This work party is open to the public and your volunteer hours count toward a free Discovery Pass."

Driving Directions:

From either northbound or southbound I-5, take I-205 exit towards Vancouver, WA. Use Hwy 500 East (Exit 30-Orchards Exit). Go east on Hwy 500 to Fourth Plain (1st light) and turn right continuing on Hwy 500 East (Camas). Go 6.3 miles, turn left on 53rd St. Go 3.2 miles, turn left on Ireland Rd. Go .3 miles turn left on Lessard Rd. Continue on Lessard Road for 4 miles and follow signs to Jones Creek ORV.

W122-18'39.13" N45-40'0.39"

Thanks folks!

Bill
6/15 pm edited with correct link to even.
6/17 pm added driving directions.

Last Edited:
JCTRA really appreciates all the work you guys are doing in the burn. I've been spreading the word about your group to all the other entities in the forest and everyone is elated to hear that we now have an organized positive group of shooters out there trying to make a difference.
Keep up the good work!

I won't be able to make it...

A quick thought: I don't have the foggiest idea where Jones Creek is and I'm sure I'm not the only one. When posting volunteer opportunities like this it would be nice to give some sort of an idea where the event is located relative to the nearest town so we can get a quick idea of whether or not we're close to it.

Good point, Modeler. It's just NE of Vancouver WA. I thought the web or Facebook links had the map location. I'll check, if not, I'll edit the original post #1 and put it there.

Thanks,

Bill

Good point, Modeler. It's just NE of Vancouver WA. I thought the web or Facebook links had the map location. I'll check, if not, I'll edit the original post #1 and put it there.

Thanks,

Bill

I found the location eventually, but advertisements for volunteer events are more successful if the location is plainly listed. And I want things to be successful :D

I found the location eventually, but advertisements for volunteer events are more successful if the location is plainly listed. And I want things to be successful :D

The original post was meant for posting on local motorcycle/ATV sites...in which most of those readers would already know where JC is.
Still, good point.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads