JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand this provision
if you have a mental health crisis, you can sign your firearms over to another so they don't come and confiscate them
Good luck getting them back. It's not as simple as just having your "another" hand them back to you. Did you read the requirements to get off the list?

I understand this provision
if you have a mental health crisis, you can sign your firearms over to another so they don't come and confiscate them
Except that's not what it is, you send a form in that blocks you from purchasing a firearm with a min 14 day wait to restore it.
Seems like the easiest solution to this is just don't buy a gun if you don't want one.

I didn't say you would get them back, but they wont end up in a Sheriffs Auction in Olympia
someone you trust and respect will have access to them
Well, there is that. I guess... :s0092:

Except that's not what it is, you send a form in that blocks you from purchasing a firearm with a min 14 days to restore it.
And that's what I meant when I was referring to what it takes to get off the list.
Mental health evaluation
A "hall pass" from a mental health professional
Waiting period
yadda yadda yadda

Good luck getting cleared to be a normal human being again if you sign up for that shiit...

And that's what I meant when I was referring to what it takes to get off the list.
Mental health evaluation
A "hall pass" from a mental health professional
Waiting period
yadda yadda yadda

Good luck getting cleared to be a normal human being again if you sign up for that shiit...
I take it there as some who believe they will never get old or mentally impaired
you'll still be sharp as a tack at 106 and still be able to shoot accurately at 500 yrds with iron sights
on the Clark Co form for accidental discharge of firearms are 2 block:
mental health related
elderly related
if ether of these blocks are checked by the investigating office, your going to get a mandatory evaluation
hate to tell you, but when you get old, your never going to be a normal human again
and someone is going to have to change your diapers and mush up your food
at that point it's best to sign your firearms over to someone you trust
I've already arranged for my son to get mine when (not if) this happens

I take it there as some who believe they will never get old or mentally impaired
you'll still be sharp as a tack at 106 and still be able to shoot accurately at 500 yrds with iron sights
mental health related
elderly related
if ether of these blocks are checked by the investigating office, your going to get a mandatory evaluation
hate to tell you, but when you get old, your never going to be a normal human again
Welp, you do you. I, on the other hand, will not be signing over anything. When I die, I'll have my guns cremated along with me. :s0140:

mental health related
elderly related
You be careful going around making good sense like that, Rj. You might inspire others to act with logic.
Dangerous stuff; logic and common sense.

Welp, you do you. I, on the other hand, will not be signing over anything. When I die, I'll have my guns cremated along with me. :s0140:
now some think they will remain mentally competent until they die
wait until you have your first stroke
I watched my grandparents and parents age and loose their mental capacity years before they died
we still enjoyed their company and on good days they knew who we were
but we never let them outside the house by themselves
my father was a retired Colonel, but we didn't let him near a firearm since he was 80

but this is all off topic

now some think they will remain mentally competent until they die
wait until you have your first stroke
I watched my grandparents and parents age and loose their mental capacity years before they died
we still enjoyed their company and on good days they knew who we were
but we never let them outside the house by themselves
my father was a retired Colonel, but we didn't let him near a firearm since he was 80

but this is all off topic
I'm spinnin' the roulette wheel on strong genes. My mom (of Blessed Memory) lived to 92 and was fine until her last 5 years.
The Grand Sobo is alive and kicking at 92 and his mind is sharp as a tack. He does the NYT Sunday crossword puzzle (without cheating), and surveys property and locates property corners for folks for fun. He loves his transit and chain. Here he is runnin' the gun on someone's property a coupla summers ago, at 90 years old. And he still wears that same old Minnesota Vikings chook... even in the middle of July in northern Virginia... :rolleyes:

Dad runnin' the gun.JPG

So my battle plan is to cultivate those Sobo family brain genes. And if that doesn't pan out for me, well then... meh...

Last Edited:
He doesn't regret going directly against the will ,and beliefs of the citizens he is supposed to work for.
Excellent job performance, give that man a vegan cigar.
I was living in Crakima at the time of which he speaks. I never considered him my "representative", since he was not representative of my will and beliefs...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top