JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the local police don't have the manpower to perform their normal duties now
where is this manpower coming from?
search warrants? LOLLL
they wouldn't respond to a meth head on the next property to me, but they are going to serve search warrants on known armed citizens?
the Sheriffs office told us they were not going to expose their deputies to the danger of a Meth Head, even with an outstanding warrant
but I'm expected to believe this same department is going to start raiding properties in the country with armed and motivated owners?
I'll have to see this to believe it
I like where you're going with this.
Unfortunately there are a couple potential flaws.
Some of the " dangers " law enforcement faces in dealing with homeless, crackhead losers is more financial in nature. Why risk a lawsuit hassling some insane drug addict ?
Most likely a renter or worse. In other words, no money to pay fines and no property to seize.
The enticement for LE agencies to pursue responsible, property owning, solvent individuals is that they have something to lose. A quick dive into the internet looking at Civil Asset Forfeiture horror stories should illustrate the potential appeal for any agency that is run by corrupt , amoral scum . Sheriffs can be voted in and out to prevent or rectify this behavior. Nightmare scenario, to be sure . But impossible?

"In July 2020, the Department of Licensing – which was tasked with developing a "cost-effective and efficient process" to conduct annual checks – concluded that such a program was not feasible under the current system."

But King Jay knows better, just like he gets to rule where green energy projects can be placed WITHOUT any input from the locals. IMHO He needs to go away NOW!

I like where you're going with this.
Unfortunately there are a couple potential flaws.
Some of the " dangers " law enforcement faces in dealing with homeless, crackhead losers is more financial in nature. Why risk a lawsuit hassling some insane drug addict ?
Most likely a renter or worse. In other words, no money to pay fines and no property to seize.
The enticement for LE agencies to pursue responsible, property owning, solvent individuals is that they have something to lose. A quick dive into the internet looking at Civil Asset Forfeiture horror stories should illustrate the potential appeal for any agency that is run by corrupt , amoral scum . Sheriffs can be voted in and out to prevent or rectify this behavior. Nightmare scenario, to be sure . But impossible?
in King or Thurston county, maybe
but highly unlikely in most of Washington state
many sheriffs have stated they will not enforce these laws

in King or Thurston county, maybe
but highly unlikely in most of Washington state
many sheriffs have stated they will not enforce these laws
when a law was passed in Boulder, Co prohibiting the possession of AR15s, the County Sheriff told the Board of Commissioners that they could send their Boulder police out to the rural ranches to confiscate those firearms, but he was not risking his deputies to do so
one property owner even send an email to the Commissioners, telling him them he had an AR15 and to come out to get it if they wanted
that AR owner still has his rifle today

when a law was passed in Boulder, Co prohibiting the possession of AR15s, the County Sheriff told the Board of Commissioners that they could send their Boulder police out to the rural ranches to confiscate those firearms, but he was not risking his deputies to do so
one property owner even send an email to the Commissioners, telling him them he had an AR15 and to come out to get it if they wanted
that AR owner still has his rifle today
it appears Boulder County's ban on AR 15 has be put on hold by a Federal Judge
the recent Supreme Court ruling in NY State is being used as a precedence

the local police don't have the manpower to perform their normal duties now
where is this manpower coming from?
search warrants? LOLLL
they wouldn't respond to a meth head on the next property to me, but they are going to serve search warrants on known armed citizens?
the Sheriffs office told us they were not going to expose their deputies to the danger of a Meth Head, even with an outstanding warrant
but I'm expected to believe this same department is going to start raiding properties in the country with armed and motivated owners?
I'll have to see this to believe it
It hasn't been implemented yet...it may never get implemented due to the cost and manpower. Just the check alone in impossible right now without a gun database, but they will wait and see after the state system is live.

Unless it finally gets thrown out after GVR.

I'd imagine that they will automatically re-run BGCs on anyone who bought a pistol or SAR after the new form was added in 2018.

You'll never know unless you fail.
did Washington build a data base starting in 2018, or are they just boxes filled with paper forms
my FFL just mailed in a paper form to someplace, background check performed by county sheriffs office

did Washington build a data base starting in 2018, or are they just boxes filled with paper forms
my FFL just mailed in a paper form to someplace, background check performed by county sheriffs office
DOL has kept a defacto registry of handgun purchases for a long time (94?).

Last I heard the DOL was years behind on getting those records entered into their data base.

"That database in question already includes information on 4.7 million handgun purchases in Washington state. But the DOL staff charged with updating it are struggling to keep up. Records of handgun purchases are sent to DOL on paper forms, which must then be typed manually into a computer database. Currently, there are 550,000 gun purchase paper forms awaiting manual entry; covering handgun purchases made approximately within the last three years."

from 2019

if 42% of Washington adults own firearms, that's a lot of background checks a year

SARs were added with implementation of 1639.
July of '19 ('18?)
Beginning on July 1, 2019. That POS "law" was passed by a buncha precious snowflake, anti-2A, idiots in November of 2018.
We had about 7 months to get what all we wanted before Smaug awoke...

Beginning on July 1, 2019. That POS "law" was passed by a buncha precious snowflake, anti-2A, idiots in November of 2018.
I purchased several firearms in Clark Co since then
I've experienced extended wait time for BGC, but that is because we live out in a remote area and it's takes longer for our checks to go through
if they want to run additional BGC, they will find me a very boring guy
most of the property owners on this road don't even know I'm here, since I have self isolated since I retired
and because I'm on Social Security, I don't even pay taxes!

It was bad, big majority yes vote. We did manage to keep the anti-2a legislation out that year, though. At that, we were pretty consistently successful year over year, but the numbers showing up to provide testimony and comments at the Crapitol kept getting smaller and smaller. Except for the meal team 6, LARPing crowd. Media loves to film those action stars. Jan 2020 was my last foray into the hearings rooms.

2 biggest loses in recent years were both initiatives, 594 and 1639 up to when I left. Mag ban came after that. I can imagine how few 2A supporters showed up against that measure, since January is just so cold...:rolleyes:

It was bad, big majority yes vote. We did manage to keep the anti-2a legislation out that year, though. At that, we were pretty consistently successful year over year, but the numbers showing up to provide testimony and comments at the Crapitol kept getting smaller and smaller. Except for the meal team 6, LARPing crowd. Media loves to film those action stars. Jan 2020 was my last foray into the hearings rooms.

2 biggest loses in recent years were both initiatives, 594 and 1639 up to when I left. Mag ban came after that. I can imagine how few 2A supporters showed up against that measure, since January is just so cold...:rolleyes:
You made the move and got out while the gittin' was good. Good on ya, mate! I still haven't found my own private Idaho yet (I'll be interested to see how that phrase plays out in that thread :rolleyes: ). But I'm still earnestly looking, even in these recent snows. My agent has ATVs that we used in the fall when the first snows started to stick. Now he says he'll bring his sleds down so we can get into the more remote, snowed in places I want to see.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top