JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was looking through a bunch of really old stuff in storage, and I couldn't believe I came across a gun I totally forgot I had purchased. It would have been the mid 90's and I found it dirt cheap in an antique store on the Oregon Coast.

If I am identifying it correctly, it looks like a Japanese Nambu Showa 18.12 (1943) Model 14 made by the Toriimatsu factory of the Nagoya Arsenal. I remember it coming with a leather clamshell case, but it was in very poor condition. I have managed to lose that somewhere, but it may still emerge (stored it in a gun case with some desiccant). It is a little worse for the storage, with a bump of rust on the barrel that I am currently giving some gentle loving treatment. Sorry, not my best pics, but my favorite light died and I have yet to get a replacement that I like.

In this kind of condition, does anyone have an idea of that is is worth? Bore looks good. All the numbers are matching, including frame, slide, knob, grips, striker, and the striker spring guide. NambuM14_01.jpg

NambuM14_02.jpg

NambuM14_03.jpg

NambuM14_04.jpg

NambuM14_05.jpg

NambuM14_06.jpg

NambuM14_08.jpg

NambuM14_09.jpg

Cool gun! I was just reading in Handguns Magazine about the Japanese Type 94, 26 and 14. 14 being the Nambu. The enlarged trigger guard says yours is pre-world War II, post 1939. The type 14s manufactured at that time were primarily for wars in Northern China and even Siberia and the large trigger guards were to allow the use of gloves.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top