JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you appreciate WW-II history, do yourself a favor and watch this US Army Air Forces documentary film about the B-29 bombing of Japan and the Pacific Theater of Operations. It is 36 minutes of time well spent.

The Last Bomb (1945)

What I found interesting is the total lack of computers (of course, but it was quite different from today). "Analog" displays, complete with colored yarn showing flight plans and handwritten logs, old school done right. The coordination of efforts, the stockpile of supplies, and the will of our soldiers all meant certain doom for the enemy.

Awesome strafing footage towards the end. P51 Mustangs wreaking havoc on trains, boats, and buildings. Kick'n double-bubble without taking names. I could not help wonder what the Japanese pilots were thinking as they defended their own airspace.

Make it full screen, sit back & enjoy the history lesson.

Thanks, Rufus. Great video! I have an Uncle who was a navigator in a B24 Liberator during the Africa campaign in WWII. He never talked about it much, but I guess it was hell. They lost a lot of planes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top