JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow... soon the way of the samurai and all martial arts will be banned.
Japan has prohibited unregistered possesion and carry of firearms and swords with blade length over 15 cm. (150mm) :rolleyes:

They however currently allow certain swords to be purchased and owned within homes if registered, and if historical (family heirloom and the like). Not 100% sure of firearms though. But they also have a vastly different culture there... basically police and the state apparatus are to be obeyed/submitted to, over everything else.

Edit. They require every police officer to be well trained in martial arts, and undoubtly the military forces are also trained in unarmed combat.

With criminals, it's always going to be one weapon or another...
... soon it's gonna be mini blow-guns and poison darts.

I was given a nice sturdy, re-usable, stainless steel drinking straw. It works great with those little air gun darts (or, so I've been told by some random stranger I met ):rolleyes:

1) "Wow... soon the way of the samurai and all martial arts will be banned."
Already happened.
In 16th century Japan, Toyotomi Hideyoshi went so far as to confiscate every single sword in Japan not owned by a samurai or daimyo (lord).
-followed by-
Known as the Haitorei Edict, during the Meiji Period and Restoration (1868-1912), the social class of samurai was abolished, banning non-government officials from carrying swords. A Sword Hunt followed leading to the confiscation of all weapons and swords in Japan by the government.

2) "In colonial Philippines, the Spanish outlawed weapon and training. So, the natives used "traditional dancing" to teach and train."
See also capoeira in Brazil - analogous situation.
In Japan after the swords were confiscated the peons adapted techniques for using ordinary agricultural implements and other tools as weapons

3) "I'm sure these semiautomatic crossbows load from high capacity "clips" which hold more than 10 armor piercing arrows."
Here ya go Sport - Tactical repeating crossbow:

1615043817100.png

1) "Wow... soon the way of the samurai and all martial arts will be banned."
Already happened.
In 16th century Japan, Toyotomi Hideyoshi went so far as to confiscate every single sword in Japan not owned by a samurai or daimyo (lord).
-followed by-
Known as the Haitorei Edict, during the Meiji Period and Restoration (1868-1912), the social class of samurai was abolished, banning non-government officials from carrying swords. A Sword Hunt followed leading to the confiscation of all weapons and swords in Japan by the government.

2) "In colonial Philippines, the Spanish outlawed weapon and training. So, the natives used "traditional dancing" to teach and train."
See also capoeira in Brazil - analogous situation.
In Japan after the swords were confiscated the peons adapted techniques for using ordinary agricultural implements and other tools as weapons

3) "I'm sure these semiautomatic crossbows load from high capacity "clips" which hold more than 10 armor piercing arrows."
Here ya go Sport - Tactical repeating crossbow:

View attachment 838342

I like the autoloading crossbow used the the 2004 Van Helsing movie:

https://vanhelsingmovie.fandom.com/wiki/Repeater_Crossbow

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class