JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought it maybe useful to share ideas, statements, "slogans", etc.

GUN CONTROL = CHICAGO = 500 MURDERS = FAIL

VA TECH SHOOTER USED 10 ROUND MAGAZINES = OVER 30 KILLED

COLUMBINE HAPPENED DURING AWB1, WHAT HAPPEND?

CA STYLE GUN CONTROL = COMPTON AND OAKLAND = FAIL

CITIZENS FEARING THE GOVERNMENT = TYRANY
GOVERMENT FEARING THE CITIZENS = FREEDOM

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

GA MOM SHOOTS HOME INVADER 5 TIMES, JUST BARELY STOPPED HIM

FBI STATISTIC- VIOLENT CRIME @ 20 YR. LOW

FBI STATISTIC-
RIFLES USED LESS THAN 2% OF ALL VIOLENT CRIMES

FBI STATISTIC-
BLUDGEONING MURDERS OUTNUMBER RIFLE MURDERS

HISTORICAL FACT- REGISTRATION ALWAYS LEADS TO CONFISCATION

ONLY POLITICAL ELITES ARE WORTHY OR ARMED SECURITY?

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

WE ARE CITIZENS, NOT SUBJECTS

CRIMINALS LOVE RESTRICTIVE GUN LAWS

CRIMINALS FEAR AN ARMED CITIZENRY

WE ARE CITIZENS NOT SUBJECTS

STEALING OUR RIGHTS IS AN ACT OF VIOLENCE

WHY ONLY 10 ROUNDS, WHY NOT 9 OR 8 OR 7....?

DON'T LEGISLATE ME INTO A CRIMINAL

MOLON LABE!

UPDATE:

I just bought enough poster boards, alpha-numeric stensils, and water proof markers from Michael's in Kaiser to make 10 double-sided protest signs. I thought I'd bring extra signs for those who aren't able to bring any down to Salem with them.

The stenciled lettering will make for clean, easy to read messages.

I'm giving up my last opportunity to go duck hunting this season, but it'll be worth it!

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!

Last Edited:
You're right. I typed all that up on my smart phone as I was getting dressed for work and making the bed this morning. FIXED!

I should have typed this...

BLUDGEONING MURDERS OUTNUMBER RIFLE MURDERS

The point of this thread is to submit ideas that fellow demonstrators can use should they choose to participate this weekend at thier respective State Capitols. ;)

I feel inclined to carry a sign with the 2nd Amendment on one side and Article 1, Section 27 of the Oregon Constitution (Oregon's equivalent of 2A) on the other. I feel it might be too wordy though.

That may be a good idea, but for me... I'd rather have something to hold up over crowds of people that can bee seen... Plus you can use it as a baseball bat to defend yourself with a lower level of use of force for any counter-protesters. ;)

"If banning guns will keep them off the street, we should ban Meth too!"

I may not make it so feel free to take that one. I'd like to see something that also makes a nice sweet point thats easy for non-gun owners to see banning "hi-cap" mags is ridiculous too.

Just an idea, what about a sign showing how much fun guns can be? Decorate the sign with your targets, or photos of you and your kids shooting.

As mentioned, people associate your message with the feelings you inspire. Mentioning Columbine or murder will reinforce that connection, regardless of how we phrase it.

Conclusion? A simple message of "I love military guns, they're awesome!" is probably most compelling. :)

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

Thought it maybe useful to share ideas, statements, "slogans", etc.

For perspective, what initially attracted you to guns? Maybe it was spending time outdoors with your dad. Maybe it was being outdoors hunting. Maybe it was knowing you could defend yourself.

It probably WASN'T some guy shouting crime statistics at you.

A catchy slogan about Crime, Murders, or 2A may impress the other rally participants. But it won't win the heart of onlookers.

If you really want to expand gun appeal, take what you like about guns and do a sign based on that.

That may be a double edged sword ocaro, as all the antis and gun grabbers have in their brain that they are not after your guns, that they support 2A, that they just are against "Assault Weapons" as they only are used for killing unlike other "Nice Guns". Sadly, I think scare tactics are the best option for your placards, as fear seems to be what wins the hearts of most naive, irrational Americans.

I might include some pictures and flyers of Nazi/Ustashi firing squads where unarmed/disarmed Poles, Russians, Jews, Serbs, Gypsies are helplessly mowed down and shoveled into pits by heavily armed, uniformed government soldiers.

As cruel and mean as such a placard may seem, I think it would be more effective than showing a pic of you and your dad on a hunting trip. Because, all these people already think to themselves, that they support hunters and the 2nd Amendment.

Nothing about this current situation makes much sense.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top