JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone - I thought this community might want to help the less fortunate get down to their state capitols.

From what I understand, the rally is at Noon at your state capitol, January 19th, 2013.

Here's what I'm expecting from everyone:

CALL TO ACTION: March on State Capitols, 19 Jan, 2013! - YouTube (Nutnfancy's advice)

SO IF YOU ARE DRIVING:
1) Where are you driving from?
2) How much are you charging for gas?
3) What time do you plan on leaving, what time do you plan on coming home?

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A RIDE:
1) Where do you need to be picked up at?
2) How much are you willing to pitch in for gas?

USE THE PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM (by clicking a user's name) to keep this thread concise. Less discussion the better. Thanks.

I know Salem requires a CHL if you will be open carrying a loaded weapon. Unloaded weapons do not require a CHL.

Not sure about Olympia's open carry laws (chime in if you know).

This is not necessarily an Open Carry rally, and this certainly isn't a militia meet up. If you're a guy, wear a nice tie, if you're a lady, do your hair nicely. Bring your whole family, and all your friends, even bring the dog.

Please keep in mind that there are probably people within your community/town that would like to attend this rally, but are unable to afford transportation or lack transportation. What a great way to make new friends?

HERE'S MY PLANS:
My friend will be driving from Portland to Salem. Free ride to any OIF/OEF/Afghan/post 9-11 veteran. $10 for any other veteran. Must be in the greater Portland area. Sorry, no room for civilians. My friend and I will be open carrying (done OC before in PDX). Leaving probably around 10am, returning in the afternoon for beers, going to the Soldier Hard show in PDX afterward. Please, PM me if you're interested.

Sorry, no room for civilians

No room? I'm sure my whole body takes up less room than your inflated head.

Seriously, you are talking about sharing rides and being a community and then you deny rides in your vehicle to "civilians"?

BTW: Aren't those veterans also now civilians?

First, this was the decision of the driver, not my decision. Second, thank you for making it perfectly evident why they made this decision. Third, you're not entitled to a free ride.

Thank you for making a useful contribution to this thread. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top