JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too had the same issues with the 7rnd extend mags. Try only putting 6rnds in and see if that helps. Seemed to work manually cycling the ammo through. I haven't tried it live firing yet. Hornady Critical Duty was the worse. I'm hoping it's just because the mag's are new and springs haven't broken in yet. We shall see. Love the pistol..great EDC! Good luck!
Update: Just received Federal Premium Tactical HST .45acp 230gr. I am able to fully load and manually cycle ALL rounds from the 5rd,6rd, and the 7rd ext mags without any feed or ejections isses! So my experience says either to load the ext mag light one, or find the right ammo for the job. I believe I have

I've never had problems with mine jamming while racking the slide, but brand new it often failed to return to battery or double fed...sent it back for the recall, hoped it would be fixed. Nope. Same problems, so sent it back again for a new one, and SA tried to talk me into a different gun, because they said it could be a 'handler error' *GASP* What?!:eek: No WAY!! :s0002: I don't wanna different gun!

Took it to a defensive pistol class and had an instructor dump several mags through it. Learned it was a 'handler error' *cough* and that it turned out to have a bit of a learning curve. :oops::rolleyes: I didn't want to switch guns, (I LOVE my little XDs .45!:s0116:) so I took it out and learned how to use it properly. Which meant, FIRMLY! :s0012:

Now we have a good working relationship, and I couldn't be happier! :D

I recently got a xds 9, I ran several hundred flawless rounds thru it. My wife had 3 light primer strikes out of a hundred. It appeared the pistol was not fully into battery.

I've had 6 people run this pistol and only my wife and her sister had this problem, other ladies ran it without issues.

I'm not sure if this is a limp wristing issue or grip posture or ??

It has around 500 rounds thru it

My wife is a regular shooter and knows how to handle a firearm, so I'm kinda curious on this.

I've never had problems with mine jamming while racking the slide, but brand new it often failed to return to battery or double fed...sent it back for the recall, hoped it would be fixed. Nope. Same problems, so sent it back again for a new one, and SA tried to talk me into a different gun, because they said it could be a 'handler error' *GASP* What?!:eek: No WAY!! :s0002: I don't wanna different gun!

Took it to a defensive pistol class and had an instructor dump several mags through it. Learned it was a 'handler error' *cough* and that it turned out to have a bit of a learning curve. :oops::rolleyes: I didn't want to switch guns, (I LOVE my little XDs .45!:s0116:) so I took it out and learned how to use it properly. Which meant, FIRMLY! :s0012:

Has it been 100% reliable after you tightened up your grip ?

My wife did fine on the shield, but she is not a fan of the grip angle, I think she is Springfield fangirl.....LOL

Took it to a defensive pistol class and had an instructor dump several mags through it. Learned it was a 'handler error' *cough* :s0116:) so I took it out and learned how to use it properly. Which meant, FIRMLY! :s0012:

I had a similar issue with my XDm 9. A good slap putting the mag in, a yank all the way back if I manually rack (Springfield recommends using the lever so I practice that), and a firm grip to engage the grip safety have resulted in flawless operation.

Don't even consider that ugly-bubble-Glock-gum, unless you want to have every round fire and cycle the piece, no matter the type of ammo or how you rack the slide, hold the piece, forget to do three circles while reciting the Tibetan Book Of The Dead, how many rounds in a magazine, how it's loaded or whether the moon is full while wearing purple socks.
All Glocks do is work every time, and what's the use in that? :rolleyes: /:s0111: Sheesh! :s0112:

Don't even consider that ugly-bubble-Glock-gum, unless you want to have every round fire and cycle the piece, no matter the type of ammo or how you rack the slide, hold the piece, forget to do three circles while reciting the Tibetan Book Of The Dead, how many rounds in a magazine, how it's loaded or whether the moon is full while wearing purple socks.
All Glocks do is work every time, and what's the use in that? :rolleyes: /:s0111: Sheesh! :s0112:

+1 on the glockenspiel :D

Not to hijack, but how do you guys like the XDs? Thinking about getting one for the wife, but I'm a little worried about the recoil. She hated shooting my 38 airweight, so did I for that matter... I'd prefer to shoot my Super Blackhawk in 44 mag over that any day.

I bought one for my wife in .45 and she loved it. She said it was more of a Ish than a snap on the recoil and the slim frame fit nicely. I have a 3 sizes of mags and they all shoot fine with all types of ammo, no FTFs or jams. I did add a rubber sleeve to the grip and trimmed it a little to accommodate the flush mag and it's great.

I just bought a new Springfield XDs .45 ACP. I love the gun and it's features; however, I've been having problems with jamming when I use 45 hollow point cartridges. The gun tends to jam when I rack it with the .45 hollow point cartridge, no problems with regular .45 using the standard 5 magazine. I've also had similar problems with jamming when using a factory bought extended cartridge (7), using regular .45 ammunition. Someone told me that the jamming problem may tend to occur, when using certain "brands" of .45 hollow points. Also, it was mentioned that there tends to be an increased chance of jamming with extended magazines. This person recommended that I pose these questions to NWfirearms.com to see if anyone else has had the same problems, and if they have had any experience with specific brands of .45 hollow point ammunition that tend not to jam this beautiful weapon. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
I had the same problems as well. Sent mine back to the factory, they remilled the slide and polished the feed ramp. Works fine now.

I have since bought two XDS40;s a original and a Mod 2 and like them a little better than the 45. The Mod 2 has better sights and minor but better improvements.

FD129FC0-1349-4E40-82C7-A00AA8A8135B.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads