JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are a state-controlled liquor state. It sucks...

Can't even have liquor shipped in from out-of-state. So if you want something that isn't on the "approved" list controlled by the folks in Salem, the only way to get it is to travel somewhere it is available, buy it, and bring it back in your luggage or car.

I travel to San Jose often on business and buy a lot of bourbons at K&L Wines. I buy online, have them hold it for me (and have to pay stupid CA sales tax) and then when I travel down there, I pick it up, put it in my luggage and check it on the flight home. It flat-out sucks, but I like my bourbon and this is the only way to get it.

I used to buy in Washington until they added something like a 30% alcohol tax which made everything up there crazy expensive.

You have probably already tried but I think "hollywood beverage" on Sandy blvd in Portland is one of the places you can order hard to find stuff. It's weird, things like Pappy Van winkle aren't shown on the official list but I know some oregon stores (including hollywood beverage) sell it (it comes in and goes out to restaurants right away though in the case of pappy). So you might give them a call and see if they can order what you are looking for.

Also I agree about WA tax. FYI I priced Jameson 1.75L at two safeways in the same town in wa last week and their prices differed by $3. The safeway in WA price (on sale I think?) was similar to Or sale price but that is before the WA tax so it would have been about 30% more with tax included.

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top