JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Hinckley had taken some shooting lessons or had used a magnum handgun he also might not have been sitting there in that wheelchair. And yes, that goes both ways.

We should not be rallying to celebrate a foe's death, we should be putting his life in context: that is, he held inanimate objects responsible for the actions of madmen.

Hindsight is what hindsight is, to second guess it the day after would make nervous wrecks of all of us. If you told me on 9/10 that some lunatics were about to fly some planes into some buildings I would be like "wtf". There's a whole new context when it happens.

As with some other anti-gun advocates, I find myself wondering why when a certain tragedy befalls a particular person, that somehow that launches that person into the spotlight for creating new laws and banning the rights of others. I feel for Mr. Brady and his family and everything they had to go through because of the actions of one psychopath. I am sorry for what he had to experience. But I wonder why his personal pain has to become a restriction on my rights?

If we take his position (or the position of others in a similar situation, such as Gabby) as the 'norm' for how we should respond to such events, then we should likewise have multitudes of people in wheelchairs screaming for legislation to put a waiting list on automobile purchases. Perhaps making a potential drunk driver wait 5 days will prevent them from going out and harming someone. It simply makes no sense to me. I've known many people that have suffered from a variety of tragedies that didn't become the spokesperson for yet more unnecessary legislation.

Mr. Brady was a victim of a crazy man. Period. From what I've read, even if the waiting list had been in place, Hinckley still would have acquired the gun, and it is unlikely to have prevented this incident. I am sorry for the loss of Mr. Brady's family, but I am also sorry that he took his personal tragedy and turned it into an assault on our liberties.

well-bye.jpg

There's not plane control....but, I can't take fingernail clippers or my pocketknife on a flight anymore. Shoes must come off. Nothing over, what, 2 ounces in liquid form any more? Cavity searches, full body scans, no-fly lists, etc etc...
I try not to fly any more. In terms of air-travel, the terrorists won.

Here's the thing. A three day waiting period (one of his ideas I believe) would probably prevent some crimes of passion/anger here and there. Angry woman might cool off before easily buying a gun to revenge kill her cheating husband for example.
If the gun grabbers would have stopped at that and not tried the next restriction and the next, with the ultimate goal of completely neutering the 2ndA then a lot of gun owners might be on board with this small concession.
They've since over the years shown their true purpose, so in my opinion they get no compromise from me.

R.I.P. Mr. Brady

Here's the thing. A three day waiting period (one of his ideas I believe) would probably prevent some crimes of passion/anger here and there. Angry woman might cool off before easily buying a gun to revenge kill her cheating husband for example.
If the gun grabbers would have stopped at that and not tried the next restriction and the next, with the ultimate goal of completely neutering the 2ndA then a lot of gun owners might be on board with this small concession.
They've since over the years shown their true purpose, so in my opinion they get no compromise from me.

R.I.P. Mr. Brady

That's just it - they took what they claimed were 'common sense' measures - but those didn't work, so they pushed for more restrictions - then those didn't work, etc., etc., etc. In the end, it's been an ultimate goal of an all-out gun ban. They just haven't pulled it off just yet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top