JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
James Brady's Death Ruled a Homicide, From Shot Hinckley Fired in 1981............
Another death attributed to gun violence....

Friday, Aug 8, 2014 • Updated at 2:12 PM PDT
The death of James Brady -- President Ronald Reagan's press secretary who was wounded in the attempt on Reagan's life in March 1981 -- was a homicide, the District of Columbia medical examiner ruled Friday.

The medical examiner said Brady died as a result of the grevious injuries he suffered 33 years ago, which means that gunman John Hinckley Jr. could be charged with Brady's murder in federal court.

Brady was 73 when he died earlier this week. He had been partially paralyzed and in a wheelchair since the shooting, and his speech was slurred. He used his own example to launch a campaign against gun violence that led to groundbreaking gun control legislation signed into law in 1993.

In Memoriam
brady-111221065.jpg
The medical examiner's ruling has the potential to open the door to federal murder charges against Hinckley, who is now a mental patient at St. Elizabeth's hospital in suburban Washington.

Hinkley was found not guilty by reason of insanity of attempted assassination of President Reagan.

Brady and Reagan were shot on March 30, 1981 as they left the Washington Hilton Hotel.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/n...cide-DC-Medical-Examiner-Rules-270522411.html

My first thought is, why not? His injuries I'm sure shortened his life as much as his wealth, status and connections probably kept him alive so long.
My only problem is, does the average Joe's family get to claim 33 year old injuries from a beating, knife or gun attack as" THE" cause of death when he finally dies, or just the high profile poster boy types for the anti-gun movement?
I'd be even more O.K. with this as long as those responsible for gun free zones are held accountable for past murders of innocent people forced to be defenseless.

Death certificates usually have 3 causes of death listed. 1 leads to another, leads to another, leads to the actual death. The shooting may have been the very first thing listed, but it was not the cause of death.

Strictly posturing for political purposes. Double Jeopardy anyone ??

If this happens and creates a legal precedent, there are a lot of you guys going to be charged for things you may have done with young ladies back in your younger days.:eek::eek:

How do we know that if he wasnt shot he would have been hit by a bus the next day. Perhaps the shooting saved his life and gave him an extra 30 years. Should we charge butterflies in Africa for flapping their wings?

This reminds me that either the King or Snohomish County, WA medical examiner's office recently decided they would review all deaths after an audit determined a death ruled by natural causes should have been deemed a homicide. The victim was a male that died of pneumonia. The ME determined that the pneumonia cultured in scar tissue in the victim's lung. The scar tissue was the result of a stabbing the victim sustained in a bar some 20 years prior. At some point one has to draw the line...

With a thought process like that one could conclude it was actually suicide as his decisions to go into politics directly resulted in his being shot in the first place.

Does Friday's homicide ruling in Brady death open door to exploitation?

When a Virginia medical examiner ruled on Friday that former Reagan press secretary James S. Brady's death was a homicide, there was much speculation about whether it might open the door to a criminal prosecution of the man who shot him.

<broken link removed>

Reagan took a bullet too , didn't here them complain when he died . Something just ain't right about Brady's cause of death in my book.

Reagan was a Conservative . . . Brady is highly esteemed for his liberal cause. And has been a poster boy by liberals to attempt to infringe our/MY 2nd amendment rights!!

Therefore the commedia will use HIS death to advance their cause.

Sheldon

Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of insanity in the initial case for attempted assassination of Reagan. I can see it now though - they will try to prosecute him again even though he was found to be insane at the time. (note: if they do and he gets convicted it might serve him right for directly causing the 94 AWB (brady bill).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top