JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your favorite ingredient for jalapeño poppers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a recipe cookoff wouldn't be fair.

Some people select the quality of the ingredients.

When I make salsa I only get the largest sweet walla walla onions because it's necessary to add the sweetness to the salsa, only the freshest garlic as well in just the right cloves..

so maybe there must be a cookoff on these somewhere soon in the PDX area for you popper junkies. $5 entry. Double blind taste test winner takes all.

Of course make it at a range so you could shoot afterwards!!!!

a recipe cookoff wouldn't be fair.

Some people select the quality of the ingredients.

When I make salsa I only get the largest sweet walla walla onions because it's necessary to add the sweetness to the salsa, only the freshest garlic as well in just the right cloves..

so maybe there must be a cookoff on these somewhere soon in the PDX area for you popper junkies. $5 entry. Double blind taste test winner takes all.

Of course make it at a range so you could shoot afterwards!!!!
You might be on to something

More of a cross of a pico de gallo and a salsa

Sorry @spectra, I must have overlooked the beer option above. Don't drink it so I'm sure I glassed across it.

Yep Pico is the way to go. I just use maters, white onion, cilantro, peppers and a lot of cumin......some times toss in a little red onion.

No beer as per the same rules as the KCBS and PNWBA rules outline.

OOOOOHHHHHHH NOOOOO no beer..... yeah am not into the big leagues..... I am just a at home BBQ guy :D Have my Weber bullet and some day might get my stick burner going......I have a 3 foot chunk of 24" pipe at work and was planning on building something out of it......

We have a winner...Momma gave this her 2 thumbs up from the recipes submited. Thank you all for recipes/comments, I had a blast;).
I need your address curtismann pm me and your ammo is on it's way.

Thanks again guys !

If you're a buffalo wing sorta family, try this:
2/3 softened cream cheese, 1/3 blue cheese crumbles, crisp cooked bacon crumbled, and Frank's Red Hot to taste. Go easy on the Franks, or use their pre-mixed wing sauce for more flavor with less added heat.
Mix all that together, stuff your peppers, and grill on indirect heat til the jalapeños are to your preferred consistency.

How about cream cheese mixed with bacon and spinach/artichoke dip. Gut the pepper and stuff with mix. Then grill/Traeger to your liking. Not my recipe, but I've made them and they are the best!

BTW, I find a very small amount of cream cheese to the amount of spinach artichoke dip works well. And not the kind with Water Chestnuts.

Haha I wasn't looking to win. Honestly I didn't see your thread. Congrats to the winner and I hope you like my submission.

We have a winner...Momma gave this her 2 thumbs up from the recipes submited. Thank you all for recipes/comments, I had a blast;).
I need your address curtismann pm me and your ammo is on it's way.

Thanks again guys !
Glad you liked 'em, and thanks for the contest! Sent you a pm, or conversation or what-have-you...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top