JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your favorite ingredient for jalapeño poppers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
I'm bored with my old standby so I'm asking for your help to see how I might improve mine.

Love em or avoid em, I would appreciate some of your favorite recipes for this favorite football snack.

Please vote in the poll
Thanks

WOO HOO 1st vote:D

I love Jalapenos just not in popper form....Have a bunch in the garden now and might have to make a few maybe....

I never eat them.

I don't like the majority of crap people put in a good pepper.

I'll gladly take a fresh jalapeño and eat it with some grilled chicken or chopped on a steak.

I have some growing out back right now. Maybe I'll make some cheddar bacon poppers for the next social event.

Just to sweeten the thread a bit I will "award" the best offering with a prize. A 325 round box of Federal Auto Match 22 lead shipped on my dime as long as you are legal to own such.

The decision of the judge (my wife) is final.

The "contest " ends 2 weeks from today.

The winning recipe will be posted here.

image.jpg

Take softened cream cheese and mix it with either a 4-cheese Mexican blend (bagged-shredded) cheese or a shredded sharp cheddar at about a 1:1 ratio.
Stuff the peppers with that, and chill in the fridge for about an hour.
Either dip in a flour/egg batter, or wrap with a slice of bacon and secure w/toothpick.

Cook 'em up your favorite way.
I usually deep fry them when they're battered, and bake or grill them with the bacon wrap. They're best on the Weber over hot coals IMO, but winter rains can make that tough to do once summer is done.
They're great on the hibachi when you're tailgating!
There are NEVER any left over.

Ok have been looking and kind of like something like this. Stuff the peepers with a mixture of Monterey jack cheese or even pepper jack and cilantro....wrap in bacon and either grill or broil.

Dang now I am going to try and make a few things just to see what happens.....

Stuff them with cream cheese then wrap them in bacon. Use a tooth pick to hold the bacon on. I'm guessing they need to be frozen because next you deep fry them until the bacon cooks. Yummy.
This is not my recipe it comes from a place my wife and I like to eat.

Judging is the easy part; just measure the flame that shoots out of yourass the next morning. Biggest, brightest, most painful.

Can't eat enough of them. We mix up the platter at our events. Half will have the seeds and flesh in stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon. The other half we will remove the seeds and flesh.

Watch and wait to see who gets which.

WOO HOO 1st vote:D

I love Jalapenos just not in popper form....Have a bunch in the garden now and might have to make a few maybe....
x2. i cannot stand poppers or stuffed ones with cream cheese and all that other stuff. i do however, LOVE jalapenos. i'll eat them raw right off the plant.also, i like cutting them in half, putting a little drop of avocado oil or olive oil on them with some rock salt and tossin them on the traeger for 5-10 min till theyre soft inside/crispy on the skin. washin them down with a silver bullet or two is quite tasty. MMMMMM. after that, the good beer comes out.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top