JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Which areas in Oregon are holding the best jackrabbit populations? I've always gone over by LaPine, but looking to see new areas. Wanting to put some miles under my boots, while doing some jack hunting. Not looking for pinpoint spots, just general wildlife areas or national forests.

I used to hunt jackrabbits around Arlington.
Outside of town a bit along the railroad tracks. There's a bunch of grassy and sagebrush land with right of way for the railroad and up to the blacktop.
Would kick up all kinds of birds too. Not too often, but everything from quail up to pheasant. Oh and the rabbits were abundant. Fun to shoot from the tracks as they ran across a narrow window through the sage.

Rabbit Hills near Plush. Hart Mt area only more near Hogsback summit.
Look on the maps for a water tank from Hogsback half way to Plush,be careful around the cattle.

Rabbit Hills near Plush. Hart Mt area only more near Hogsback summit.
Look on the maps for a water tank from Hogsback half way to Plush,be careful around the cattle.
^^^

Never seen so many jackrabbits in my life as I did traveling that area. Bit of a drive for OP though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top