JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where can I find a JC Higgins Model 30 Butt plate?? I have been searching For months with no success other then the random 150$ full stock. My poor baby looks like a hobo! Any aftermarket piece or vintage stock piece, really anything that fits with no edges!

DE99C778-E7A6-4B17-B4A5-E96E5B881AFE.jpeg 17694B17-0890-49DC-82F8-12D1DBE1055B.jpeg

Where can I find a JC Higgins Model 30 Butt plate?? I have been searching For months with no success other then the random 150$ full stock. My poor baby looks like a hobo! Any aftermarket piece or vintage stock piece, really anything that fits with no edges!

View attachment 631627 View attachment 631628

? The J.C. Higgins guns look like they were built by High Standard. Maybe. There are three buttplates down the page, #7.

Or this one that isn't available at this time.

I have and everything is out of stock. If I could just get help figuring out the dimensions for it. I could measure it myself but I'm sure I'd screw it up. Any idea where to find these details? Local gunsmith said he'd craft me one if I figure that out

? The J.C. Higgins guns look like they were built by High Standard. Maybe. There are three buttplates down the page, #7.

Yea everything for my
Model is out of stock sadly

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-ma...-higgins-31-semi-auto-blued-9913.html[/QUOTE]
Do you think the model 31 has same stock as the model 30? If so then you might have made my day

Possibly.

Possibly.

Thankyou Kevlar! I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough! I just bought one thanks to you!!

That's how they did it back then. Dissimilar serial numbers but common parts. I just acquired an old "Pioneer", "Gambles Stores" .22 rifle and broke the cheese-butt, pot metal trigger guard. The rifle was made by savage, with a different serial but the same exact parts.

Do you have an "Antique Arms Collectors" club in your area? Ours here is "Oregon Arms Collectors". They have a show locally once a month. Ours has a member with a table every month that has nothing but a bunch of old .22 rifles. That's the guy that could help you if you have a local club. Otherwise, get asking around. Maybe you could find someone at Numrich that would take some measurements for you?

That's how they did it back then. Dissimilar serial numbers but common parts. I just acquired an old "Pioneer", "Gambles Stores" .22 rifle and broke the cheese-butt, pot metal trigger guard. The rifle was made by savage, with a different serial but the same exact parts.

Do you have an "Antique Arms Collectors" club in your area? Ours here is "Oregon Arms Collectors". They have a show locally once a month. Ours has a member with a table every month that has nothing but a bunch of old .22 rifles. That's the guy that could help you if you have a local club. Otherwise, get asking around. Maybe you could find someone at Numrich that would take some measurements for you?
So basically all these mass made guns made by sears

You know I haven't looked into that. I'm sure we do, firearms sports are a pretty big deal here in Branson Missouri. I guess google local gun clubs to find out?

I was told by the original owner that it's sold by sears? Never heard of such a thing. Could that be why most parts are somewhat universal? I imagine a big box store in the late 50's would do anything to make a better profit.

You know I haven't looked into that. I'm sure we do, firearms sports are a pretty big deal here in Branson Missouri. I guess google local gun clubs to find out?

Careful now. A warning. You start going to a collectors show on a regular basis, it could change your whole outlook on fire arms. Soon you may be hankering for some old wood and steel. Then before long you might be sniffing 100 YO caked on linseed oil on gun stocks. I'm tellin' ya'.

Careful now. A warning. You start going to a collectors show on a regular basis, it could change your whole outlook on fire arms. Soon you may be hankering for some old wood and steel. Then before long you might be sniffing 100 YO caked on linseed oil on gun stocks. I'm
Careful now. A warning. You start going to a collectors show on a regular basis, it could change your whole outlook on fire arms. Soon you may be hankering for some old wood and steel. Then before long you might be sniffing 100 YO caked on linseed oil on gun stocks. I'm tellin' ya'.

Are you trying to get me hooked before I start? Sounds like a fantasy world I could get into! Haha I've only got three so I guess I'm still a freshy. I Better head your warnings

Are you trying to get me hooked before I start? Sounds like a fantasy world I could get into! Haha I've only got three so I guess I'm still a freshy. I Better head your warnings

Well, I only have two high powered antiques. A 1902 Swede Mauser, 1918 Enfield . I had a '43 03-A3 but, sadly, I couldn't take the recoil and traded for a rebuilt M1 Garand.

Well, I only have two high powered antiques. A 1902 Swede Mauser, 1918 Enfield . I had a '43 03-A3 but, sadly, I couldn't take the recoil and traded for a rebuilt M1 Garand.
Very nice. I've got the jc Higgins Model 30 as you may have guessed, a mossberg shockwave and a Taurus g2c 9mm. But I'm really starting to like the older generation of guns more. Something about how they were made

Make it yourself. I made one for a similar rifle out of 3/16" aluminum plate.
That was my original idea but I cant find the factory dimensions. I measured the stock from toe to heel and the bolt distance. Top hole to up side and bottom bolt to downside plus distance between the two. I dont know quite what else I need though. Any chance you may know how to find the factory measurements so my human pee brain can't possibly make a mistake? I will be the first to admit I'm Not the best at planning out measurements. Thankyou ZigZagZeke!

That was my original idea but I cant find the factory dimensions. I measured the stock from toe to heel and the bolt distance. Top hole to up side and bottom bolt to downside plus distance between the two. I dont know quite what else I need though. Any chance you may know how to find the factory measurements so my human pee brain can't possibly make a mistake? I will be the first to admit I'm Not the best at planning out measurements. Thankyou ZigZagZeke!
Trace the outline of the butt stock end on a piece of paper with a pencil. Then transfer your template to a piece of aluminum or plastic sheet 1/8" to 1/4" thick. Cut it out roughly with a saw, then shape it to fit the stock and round the edges with a file, and then maybe some emery cloth. It's not rocket science.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top