JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$250
Manufacturer
High Standard
Caliber
12 Gauge
City
Seattle
State
Washington
Zip Code
Selling my J.C. Higgins Model 20. There really isn't too much to say about this. It's a solid and reliable pump action with wood furniture. It was made by High Standard Firearms and is from some time before 1962, when Sears discontinued the J.C. Higgins brand. 2 3/4 inch chamber, 5 round tube magazine, just your regular 50s pump action. As a nice little personal touch, what is presumably the name of the original owner, Bud, is carved into a small plate in the stock.

IMG_20210620_110959999.jpg IMG_20210620_111010488.jpg IMG_20210620_111018175.jpg IMG_20210620_111043534.jpg IMG_20210620_111120591.jpg IMG_20210620_111147091.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I have one just like this model, and I know mine won't slamfire. Many of the high standard pumps were designed to push the pump handle forward after firing, then pull back to actuate it. That's how mine works. It was supposed to be a safety feature they put into thier pumps I was told yrs ago by an old gunsmith who is now gone, who worked on shotguns alot.

I have one just like this model, and I know mine won't slamfire. Many of the high standard pumps were designed to push the pump handle forward after firing, then pull back to actuate it. That's how mine works. It was supposed to be a safety feature they put into thier pumps I was told yrs ago by an old gunsmith who is now gone, who worked on shotguns alot.
I can see that. Maybe I got one where the system isn't working or someone reworked it. Maybe it was a specific model that could slamfire. All I know for certain is that this specific one does slamfire

Here is some good information on this JC Higgins model 20 pump.

I don't doubt you. I'm sure you know much more than me on this topic. I just know that this specific example, for one reason or another, possibly through aftermarket modification, is capable of slamfire. I now know that isn't supposed to, but I'm sure you can understand how someone might have wanted it to slamfire, but didn't have the money to buy one that could from factory, and so removed the safety

Alright I'll take it for 250 then, will you be in portland any day soon? Where in Washington are you located?
I'm basically in West Seattle, but I work in Puyallup, so like I said, the furthest I could go is Olympia. We could also arrange shipping to an FFL of your choice, though naturally, that presents issues if you want to see the gun before buying it

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.