JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everyone has been helpful here. My only question for those of you that use Kydex holsters are you putting any backing up for comfort if it doesn't have a leather backing? I've worn OWB for many hours so I haven't had to worry about it.

Many people prefer a leather holster when carrying IWB as many find them more comfortable against your body. But with that said, the vast majority of quality appendix holsters tend to be kydex...likely because it's easier to add the various features like wings and claws that really help when carrying in this position.

For 4:30 carry, the hybrid type holsters are fairly popular. I, however, am not really a fan of these. I tend to find them bulky and hot and I'm not a fan of the softer leather on the inside, as I really like more robust protection around the trigger.

Accordingly, if I'm going with a leather holster, I tend to prefer a traditional full leather holster over hybrids. Milt Sparks is usually my goto choice for traditional leather holsters. Worth the price and the wait IMO. They're also super easy to resell if they don't work out for you...assuming they're for a reasonably popular gun. You shouldn't have too many problems selling a Sparks for a G26 if it doesn't workout for you. And probably for pretty close to the amount you paid for it.

But how much you can tolerate kydex against your body is really a personal thing. It doesn't bother me but I also tend to wear a longer synthetic "Under Armor" shirt which helps a bit. YMMV.

These days I primarily carry at appendix and am a fan of the JM Custom AIWB-WC holster. :)

I'm going to pee in everyone's Wheaties and suggest trying a Versacarry. I've been using one with a compact 45 for about five years now and not one problem. I also use it with my full size 1911 when I'm feeling a bit you know, sassy. Oh yeah, I've also got that large box of all those other effing fantastic holsters. :cool:

IWB I love StealthGearUSA, use the OWB and IWB versions for my G19 as well as my P365. Most comfortable holsters I have ever worn period. Not cheap! but definitely worth it, lasts forever!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top