JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm posting this for my sister, who just got a PJ's kydex for her Shield - the pistol rattles in this holster, despite tightening down the retention screws.

She likes that it's not as wide as the AlienGear that i have, but doesn't like the retention/waggling the PJ's has.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a slim fit IWB that might suit her?

Thanks.

I'm posting this for my sister, who just got a PJ's kydex for her Shield - the pistol rattles in this holster, despite tightening down the retention screws.

She likes that it's not as wide as the AlienGear that i have, but doesn't like the retention/waggling the PJ's has.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a slim fit IWB that might suit her?

Thanks.
I don't have a direct answer for you but Cornered Cat is a good place to start. Look through the Choosing Holsters section. If that doesn't work maybe search the Blog for "holster".
Contents | Cornered Cat

I use Cascadia Concealment IWB holsters. They can be adjusted for retention and cant angle. They aren't bulky at all. This is a full size M&P. There is an optional doohickey you can add to this holster that turns the grip farther into the body. I'm a good size guy, so I went without it.

BDE4CB8F-7E62-4FC0-8AD5-95A1EDEF2504.jpeg

How's the retention? That looks almost identical to the PJ, you could rock the gun left and right (from the angle you pictured, even though it was retaining it quite well from being drawn.

How's the retention? That looks almost identical to the PJ, you could rock the gun left and right (from the angle you pictured, even though it was retaining it quite well from being drawn.

Depends on what belt you're wearing. A 1 1/2 reinforced gunbelt? Not moving a whole lot. If using a less sturdy belt, I'd go with the loops over the clip. These holsters definitely "pop" when holstering. They hold quite well. Unlike a lot of leather, kydex wont compress when the gun is drawn. Makes reholstering easier.

She likes that it's not as wide as the AlienGear
AGs are pretty big... a LOT of apparatus to carry a small gun. A single-point should do just fine. I'm partial to the Vedder Light Tuck... excellent quality and customer service. Clinger, Dara, Badger State, Blue Line Concealment, all quality makers. There are dozens of others, sounds like PJ's ain't one of them.
She has to decide on what she likes (hybrid, kydex, leather), carry position, attatchment type (clip, loop,), cant adjustment (some claim adjustable cant but they're really not... Raw Dog was disappointing that way), attatchment position (on-slide or offset), and other variations on each decision... it's how most of us end up w boxes full of holsters.
There is an optional doohickey you can add to this holster that turns the grip farther into the body
That's a "claw" and it's for appendix carry. Won't do anything but cause hate when used strong side.
Milt Sparks makes an amazing holster. Buy her an early Christmas gift.
Yer half right... unless you mean Christmas of 2019. My last Sparks SS II was ordered in Dec '17 and showed up this past June. It's fantastic as ever, but beyond death and taxes, the only other guarantee in life is that (unless it's a stocked product) a Milt Sparks holster ordered in October will NOT show up by Christmas. I should mention that that particular one was for a S&W 6904 so it had to wait in line to get made.
If your lucky, it took so long to ship because they were building and stockpiling Shield holsters for the Christmas rush. :) I see that particular one is on ebay... I'd jump at it. The thing that differentiates the SS II from the SS is the ability to change loop sizes (the ebay unit has 1.25" loops).
I go past ol Milt's shop every Saturday morning. I wish I could stop in but it's usually 4 or 5 am soooo... nope.

Last Edited:
I was thinking the same!
Sorry!

Question: where does she carry it?
Aiwb, 3 o'clock, 6, 9?

Most decent iwb kydex holsters should work.

IMO all kydex holster are fairy the same.
So buy a $30 kydex. I bought one for my shield from We The People on amazon.

It's good and works well. Didn't have the greatest retention, but you can heat up the trigger guard area and pinch it in.

If carrying appeddix there's a corner that can rub wrong, but for the price you can't beat it

I'm a big fan of gunfighters Inc. They're kind of spendy, but they're all riveted instead of screwed together with an unconditional lifetime warranty. Had my G33/19/23/45 all riding in this little holster for the last two years, no complaints. Hides about as well as you'd expect any other kydex to hide, so I'll throw my vote in for that material, if nothing else KIMG0371.JPG

My understanding is the Kydex holsters can be further molded. There's instructions on The Well-Armed Woman website. I just ordered one from them for my Glock 19. Yes, it's bigger but until I find a smaller concealed-carry that I like it's what I'm carrying. Check out the site - hope it helps. (Anyway, everybody I've asked say they have multiple holsters for each handgun they own -:D)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top