JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've been carrying now for a little while, and to preface this I'm a fat guy and I carry at the 4:00 position strong side. After reading all the hype regarding IWB I went with a kydex holster For my G19 clone. Which turned out to be one of the most uncomfortable experiences I have ever had. Not only was it uncomfortable it printed badly in almost every cover garment.

Looking for something better I decided to try my other pistol (1911 Sig carry) which is in a canted leather OWB rig. The difference was night and day. It's immensely more comfortable and conceals with any of my cover garments for me, I also carry a double mag pouch at 8:00 also OWB and I have no issues with either printing or discomfort.

I also haven't felt that the rig is too heavy which surprised me with how some go on and on about how heavy the 1911 is. I have noticed however I have had to switch to a front pocket wallet as my holster sits above my rear pocket a bit.

Any one have a similar experience to this? Or is this fairly typical for these respective types of carry for us bigger guys?

I'm a big guy and I'll only carry a very thin profile handgun iwb. My Shield 40 with a tlr6 light fits at my 4 o clock and doesn't print in anything. I can, and have, worn it all day with a t-shirt without an issue. The holster is a Kydex Tulster IWB designed specifically for this weapon/light combo.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable with anything but a single stack for IWB. It's all about balancing my fatness with that of the gun!

I'm a big guy and I'll only carry a very thin profile handgun iwb. My Shield 40 with a tlr6 light fits at my 4 o clock and doesn't print in anything. I can, and have, worn it all day with a t-shirt without an issue. The holster is a Kydex Tulster IWB designed specifically for this weapon/light combo.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable with anything but a single stack for IWB. It's all about balancing my fatness with that of the gun!

I think that was one of my mistakes, I even attempted to appendix carry the aforementioned G19....that lasted all of 30sec before I realized I couldn't freaking bend at the waist without all sorts of issues.

I don't own any smaller single stacks, otherwise I would have tried those. Something to keep in mind as summer come around

I've got a full size beretta but I'll only carry it when in the woods and only OWB.

I like pocket guns too. Like the beretta Tomcat. Who needs a holster? Just pull it from your jacket pocket!

I've got a full size beretta but I'll only carry it when in the woods and only OWB.

I like pocket guns too. Like the beretta Tomcat. Who needs a holster? Just pull it from your jacket pocket!

I've considered some mouse guns for quick trip carry, and being able to workout and carry. It seems like 32acp and 380 are the go to calibers for this.

I started carrying a Kimber micro 9 in a garrett ind. silent thunder OWB using their clips rather than belt slide, also have a double mag holder w/belt clip. Have the same holster for kimber cdp custom and lcr 357. all have adjustable tension and cant for personal preference. I dont do IWB, too uncomfortable. I also carry a 38 with barami hip grips in front pocket, best easy access ever.

I started carrying a Kimber micro 9 in a garrett ind. silent thunder OWB using their clips rather than belt slide, also have a double mag holder w/belt clip. Have the same holster for kimber cdp custom and lcr 357. all have adjustable tension and cant for personal preference. I dont do IWB, too uncomfortable. I also carry a 38 with barami hip grips in front pocket, best easy access ever.

I've considered both the micro 9 and Sigs 938. How's the micro 9 working out for you?

I've considered both the micro 9 and Sigs 938. How's the micro 9 working out for you?
Works fine, dont even notice it. Shoots pretty good for what it is, not a huge fan of 9mm but it is lite and small.

100_2990.JPG 100_2986.JPG 100_2992.JPG

I don't have a gut so I carry a Glock G45 IWB appendix with a Surefire x300 light on it or a Glock 43x depending on clothing. I've never tried to carry owb but there is no doubt that it is more comfortable. I personally like my firearm directly in front of me while conceal carrying and I find it is much easier for me to conceal. But like others say everyone is different and it just takes some time finding what works best.

The gun is supposed to be comforting not comfortable. I used to rock a government 1911, but I've also carried snub revolvers, glocks, and other various pocket pistols. I currently carry a DW Officer 1911, ECO in 45acp. I'm a small dude though, 5'8, 150#. I carry IWB at 3 o'clock.

You should practice drawing in both a standing and seated position for each holster you own. I use an IWB Alien Gear which has a leather backing and kydex front fitted to your hand gun. I bought a few extra shells so I can switch from a VP9 to a FNX-9. It takes few minutes to change the shell. If I wear a jacket or sweatshirt shirt I do not have any issues with printing. In warmer weather I wear a sleeveless T-shirt and an untucked polo shirt.

I do both. Heavier full sized pistols or bulky XD type are OWB. Single stack or G19 style are IWB. 3-4 o'clock position.

I have thought about shoulder holster for long drives or bio breaks. Recently drove to Utah. Cheaper than getting a hotel in Idaho.

IWB glock 29 in the 3:00 position and spare mag at 9:00 everyday carry. Have run this setup the last few years only change to a p365 if I have to put on dress clothes and need a tight fit but same holster and same position.

You should practice drawing in both a standing and seated position for each holster you own. I use an IWB Alien Gear which has a leather backing and kydex front fitted to your hand gun. I bought a few extra shells so I can switch from a VP9 to a FNX-9. It takes few minutes to change the shell. If I wear a jacket or sweatshirt shirt I do not have any issues with printing. In warmer weather I wear a sleeveless T-shirt and an untucked polo shirt.

I practice clearing my cover garment and drawing in different positions every weekend.....and get plenty of strange looks from my lady hahaha!

I'm definitely going to have to find something for this summer though, thank for the heads up

Being as I am just under 6' tall / 165#, and carry " larger " model handguns @ 4 o'clock IWB, I can verify that a custom ~ $150.00 holster on a proper belt can make a great difference in comfort / print / accessibility.

Of course, it depends on what value one may put on actually surviving a close encounter of the messy kind.o_O

I rock TXC Holsters appendix IWB for all my carry guns. Otherwise I will carry 3'oclock OWB with a thin Kydex holster if I'm wearing a jacket or hoodie. Depending on what city I'm in, I'm not overly concerned with light printing. I'm no longer a fan of IWB anywhere but appendix. I just don't wear loose enough shirts.

I cut my teeth with ccw'ing in California where it was fairly warm most of the year so I typically wore thinner clothing. I'd also try my absolute hardest not to print, as most people and even a lot of cops didn't understand that permits were available in some counties.

Funny story, I was working a plain clothed armed gig in CA years ago, a cop came to my office and we were chatting for a bit at my door. When I went to leave, he tried to walk in. My 3'oclock gun tapped his duty pistol and he immediately looked at me and I looked at him. He seemed so confused and asked if my phone was okay. I told him that was no phone and we proceeded to talk about how civilian can indeed get concealed permits which he swore was impossible (they were rare in the SF Bay Area county I was working in)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews