I've started my own gun chanel on Youtube

Hedrin

Reactions
After a very enlightening conversation with a gun store owner, I realized I was a moderate as these things go. I plan on having no politics on my channel if possible. Just guns and shooting.

This is video #4. This is the first one I'm really happy with. I'm trying to refine my way of shooting, and am open to honest constructive criticism. All "You suck!" replies will be cheerfully ignored.

Range Time with the Moderate Gunner: Remington R51 revisited

nwslopoke

Reactions
MTV used to be a music channel (and worth watching). Stick to your guns no matter how much money they eventually throw at you:)
Good luck with your channel and be yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions
I think some manufacturers overstate mag capacity. I bothers me as well. I do run them 1 under in the mag and 1 chambered. Then the next mag stuffed full, since the slide is locked back it strips and chambers the round fine. My CZ and and some .45 mags both have to much slide friction for me to trust loading to max capacity and one chambered. Greasing the bottom of the slide that contacts the casing helps as well. One has worked flawlessly w max capacity,. :)

Do you have these problems w round nose? I have had problems w flat nose in semi's as well.
My LCP runs fine until I feed it flat nose.

Last edited:
OP
Hedrin

Hedrin

Reactions
Now, what's your opinion on Glocks vs. 1911s? :s0114:
If it works for you, good. I am primarily a range rat, but I do have my concealed card. I have a Glock 19 and 21, both GEN 4. Not my Favorite guns to shoot, but I'm glad I have them (might consider a trade off for the 21 if something better comes along).

Just never got the 1911 bug. Closest thing I have to a 1911 is a S&W 5906 I bought new for a bedside gun ages ago.

Now show me a weird piece, ugly as a mud puddle, only 90 were ever imported to the US, and BABY I GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!!!

OP
Hedrin

Hedrin

Reactions
Do you have these problems w round nose? I have had problems w flat nose in semi's as well.
My LCP runs fine until I feed it flat nose.
The MagTech is the worst, and it is round nosed. By the time I got to the MagTech I had shot all the Blazer, but I remember the Blazer, although heavier, was shorter; rounder. MagTech is shaped more like a bullet bra.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
Top Bottom