JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not a huge Apple fan but I have invested heavily in iTunes so I'm somewhat married to it. The iPod was very innovative and they cornered the market quickly. I have several.

It was the culture of the iStore and being in downtown that put me out. The staff was very friendly and prompt but it was a scene right out of Starship Troopers (Bacon Troopers, but I digress).

Here's my list:

1. overpriced - you pay a premium for that logo that is not as cutting edge as you would think
2. Jobs was a tyrant
3. iPhone 4S was a 3G phone in a 4GLTE world and yet branded as 'new'
4. iPhone 5 changed sync cable making a slew of accessories useless
5. iTunes store is a dog from a performance perspective
6. The Find my phone function is attached to the iTunes account. If I let an employee go and take back his company phone it's damned near impossible to reuse it unless I get that FMP function turned off by the user first.
7. iTunes controls your music library - even on items I've purchased. They 'lease' me music.
8. I have a long complicated story about a lemon system where the final answer was 'buy another one'
9. non-user replaceable batteries on most devices
10. True Believers - no system is perfect but speak ill of the great and powerful Apple could get you shanked.

Oh and a bonus one: They are in schools so heavily and yet 92% of the work force uses Windows. I find it a disservice to our students.

But hey, it's capitalism at it's finest so more power to them. I already have users lining up for the iPhone 6.

my .02
These are legit beefs. But. After going All apple, then going to use a new laptop from Costco with windows? HELL NO!!!!
Advertisements suck. Apple never breaks down. Usually. Windows has tons of issues always. BUT! by nature! I'd rather hang with a windows human. Apple folks are dorks. If you guys get an itch for a new home computer, check out the iMac. Love mine.

If you want value, you'd get a brandy new non-apple (yea you sinners, repent and pay! lol no) for like $500 max from Costco or what.. terabytes and pixels oh my!

I'm not a huge Apple fan but I have invested heavily in iTunes so I'm somewhat married to it. The iPod was very innovative and they cornered the market quickly. I have several.

It was the culture of the iStore and being in downtown that put me out. The staff was very friendly and prompt but it was a scene right out of Starship Troopers (Bacon Troopers, but I digress).

Here's my list:

1. overpriced - you pay a premium for that logo that is not as cutting edge as you would think
2. Jobs was a tyrant
3. iPhone 4S was a 3G phone in a 4GLTE world and yet branded as 'new'
4. iPhone 5 changed sync cable making a slew of accessories useless
5. iTunes store is a dog from a performance perspective
6. The Find my phone function is attached to the iTunes account. If I let an employee go and take back his company phone it's damned near impossible to reuse it unless I get that FMP function turned off by the user first.
7. iTunes controls your music library - even on items I've purchased. They 'lease' me music.
8. I have a long complicated story about a lemon system where the final answer was 'buy another one'
9. non-user replaceable batteries on most devices
10. True Believers - no system is perfect but speak ill of the great and powerful Apple could get you shanked.

Oh and a bonus one: They are in schools so heavily and yet 92% of the work force uses Windows. I find it a disservice to our students.

But hey, it's capitalism at it's finest so more power to them. I already have users lining up for the iPhone 6.

my .02

1. Total cost of ownership says otherwise. My desktop Mac is 8 years old and still does the job. My laptop is 5 years old and runs the latest OS and does everything I want it to do. Comparably spec'd Windows machines are/were more expensive than my Apple products.
2. And Balmer was an idiot, and Schmidt is a thief and a liar.
3. iPhone 4S didn't use 4GLTE at the time because it killed battery life as Samsung and others found out. After Apple (not Samsung, not HTC, not Nokia) solved the battery problem they used 4GLTE.
4. iPhone 5 changed the power/data cable making smaller devices and more battery capacity possible. Which accessories exactly were made obsolete?
5. iTunes store performance varies by your own connection and location. Works fine for me.
6. There's an Apple knowledge base answer for that.
7. You mean you can't give your music to someone else on another computer. Thank the RIAA for that one.
8. I've had Apple replace devices well beyond any warranty, and make repairs for next to nothing through the Apple store. I'm sure you'll get a better deal from Best Buy./s
9. Cost me $10 plus battery to have my iPhone 3GS battery replaced.
10. At least Apple doesn't have to PAY people to write positive articles and give positive feedback on its products.

http://www.techspot.com/news/57162-...cy-paying-bloggers-to-write-pro-ie-posts.html

And finally, Microsoft is the only non-Unix/Linux based OS out there. It's a white elephant that's been propped up for decades. It's been the main roadblock to any kind of progress in chip design and computer capability for 35 years. Thankfully, that worm is starting to turn now, with interest in Apple's iPad growing in the enterprise market, with 94 percent of the Fortune 500 companies either testing or deploying the multimedia tablet. Some 70 percent of the Global 500 companies are testing or deploying iPads, too.

Apple is for people who don't understand technology, and are willing to pay a premium to have their options limited and simple.

Or for computer professionals who spend all day fixing systems at work and don't want to have to spend all their free time fixing their own computers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top