Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I've been watching James Yager again.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Medic!, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Is this guy a train wreck? Dose he represent gun owners well? Or has he taken defense/offence too far?
    I could not be in a room for long, with a guy that was trying to suck out all the air!

What comes to mind is this. " The battle is long. And in the end it's with yourself".
    What good is it too prepare for any battle. Yet invite every fight?

Anyways. I remember him a year or so ago, saying he was gona shoot/kill someone. Really it was some type of meltdown. He was so frightened. He was willing to destroy himself. Just to abate his fear?

Just checked out his recent vids. And he has not mellowed.

8ball and MikeE like this.
  2. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

He has mellowed a lot in my opinion. Some may think he is too extreme but that is his right. He may very well think you are not quite right in some manner but do you really care.

3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've watched a number of his videos, and, at times, he does have good information, but I can't get past his kind of 'in your face' attitude about everything he does. Mellowed or not, I just don't care much for the guy, so I really don't give him much attention. I'd rather listen to Rob Pincus or some others, like our resident Internet Gun Expert, The Yankee Marshall. Now there is a guy who knows guns...and Kentucky Fried Chicken :p

Quacky88, robertg, bnsaibum and 4 others like this.
  4. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I have noticed that often people who I share views with seem wacko. In my mind it's a little disconcerting. In one way I think they are spot on, in another I want nothing to do with them or to be associated with them in any way nor would I publicly agree with them. ( I might say the exact same thing, just not that I stand or agree with so and so).

Alex Jones is the first person that comes to mind. I agree with at least some of what he says ( seems like less and less though) but I would never "side" with him. In my opinion he does more harm than good supporting some cause I believe in.

The guy is mental and irritating and I will skip over anything that mentions his name, even if I agree.

Stomper, bnsaibum, Flopsweat and 4 others like this.
  5. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I don't like the guy per se, but he does have some good videos out with viable information.

Just like all the other internet yahoos, I take it all in and only keep what I feel is pertinent to my life and ideals.

Quacky88, Caveman Jim and etrain16 like this.
  6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Never bother watching him. Did once and that was plenty.Don't believe I got more than a minute in,either
    Thing is,the more he is watched,the more he thinks he is doing good.So I never click on his videos

7. Outrider

Outrider Oregon Active Member

James Yeager is a mess. Watching him is sort of like watching Al Sharpton. He so desperately wants to be taken seriously and reach the top tier but neither of those things is ever going to happen.

The man is blissfully unaware of his limitations. Unfortunately for us, he's now the gun-clown the media goes to when they want someone to represent the pro-gun side poorly.

As mjbskwim advises, don't watch the guy. Don't help him gain a higher profile.

8. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

That sums him up perfectly.

9. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

I tried to watch one of his videos once. But couldn't make it through. He is totally in love with himself and I simply cannot take him seriously. It didn't surprise me he had his meltdown.

I sure enjoy Hickok45 though.

10. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I agree with Bamcis's post, and thoroughly enjoy watching the fake Russian guy.

Flopsweat likes this.
  11. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Like IronMonster I would liken the guy to an Alex Jones for the firearms inclined.

12. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I love pissing off James. he screams at me almost every time we talk.

13. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Pretty much, he reminds me of what Gecko45 would be if he spent some time in the military....

The firearms world has a few dozen very good high profile trainers, and thousands of lower profile trainers who are also very good. The last thing I want around me when there are loaded guns in the room is some guy with an immature "come at me bro" attitude.

I've known a number of very good trainers in my life, they are cool as cucumber when it comes to dealing with firearms and training people. Life is a precious thing, and in a gunfight usually someone walks away dead. The last thing I want when it comes to an instructor is someone walking around with a chip on their shoulder looking for a fight.

MikeE and Medic! like this.
  14. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

I watched 1/2 of 1 of his vids.

I found myself comparing him to Charles Manson:)o_O:confused:

NOT a good example of a gun owner:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

15. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

What are you talking about, Charles Manson isn't that big a douche :)

Just Me likes this.
  16. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

He just kinda' looks like Charlie

17. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Just doesn't seam very open minded. He kind of has that ''I reject your reality. And replace it with my own'' attitude.

Hatch his video on '' .40s sucks''.

Look. I don't care how thin you slice the B.S. . There are always two sides.

18. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

That's because you always make fun of all those fancifully printed t-shirts he always wears.

19. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

That was taken WAY out of context mind you. Older "traditionalists" and "non evil black firearm owners" dont like the F-U attitude but his promary point is his
    "line in the sand" Ive said the same exact thing. There is a tipping point when civilians must push back against the tyrannical rein of the government. Confiscation of arms is one of those lines.

20. Medic!

Seams more like kick sand in my face.

I mean if you alienate people. How can you teach them anything?

Flopsweat and NoFlinch like this.