JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When the FK BRNO Field Pistol came out with that nasty 7.5 FK caliber, I wanted one, badly. Then I saw the price and thought, well, not that badly. Try though I might, I could not justify the huge price for the gun and the $1.50 a shot proprietary ammo. I did keep an eye on the used market hoping for a miracle, but $6500 was about as cheap as I saw.

I had heard about the PSD version that was supposed to be multi-caliber and less expensive, but it seemed like unobtainium. Surprise! Now it is now available to order for 1/5 the price of the Field Pistol - $1650

I was really amazed they came down that much and the price includes one alternate caliber barrel to ensure it is not a paper weight if 7.5 FK becomes obsolete. I have been watching the availabililty of ammo for the last few years and it has been consistently available at $75 for 50. That is a terrible price, but it has been consistent, and it is a specialty cartridge like 460 Rowland, which is about the same, but I can reload it for a lot less. I am hoping at some point I can buy 7.5 FK Brass.

I got the 10mm conversion barrel instead of 9mm because I don't need a huge 9mm, but I wouldn't mind something that can easily handle the 10mm that I load hot at Underwood specs. I have a Glock framed Lonewolf creation and an Infitiy 10mm. I shoot the hotter stuff out of the Glock because I don't care about thrashing it, and though the Inifity handles them just fine, I don't want to wear it down. Flame away for having a safe queen. I do carry the Infity sometimes as it is a commander length slide with a compact grip. The Glock is a long slide with a threaded barrel. I am not a fan of Glock ergonomics and I think the PSD will be more fun to shoot. I also enjoy the idea of the body armor penetrating ability of the 7.5 FK. Also, you need a different mag for the 9mm, but 10mm and 7.5 FK are the same.

I ordered it on 9/4 and at the time they said lead times were 4-8 weeks. They now say 60 business days so we will see. My experience is long lead times almost always end up longer than expected when ordering guns. For instance my Laugo Alien was due in spring. Hahahahaha. Still not here with purportedly more import perimitting foul ups to boot. Customer service was ok for FK BRNO usa. I had sent them an email with several questions of which they answered some but not all within a day. They did not answer if there are any here in the US, or the quantities in shipment or planned shipments, but they did say they have all of the import and export permits. I'll keep you posted.

Didn't want to watch the videos, don't like youtube gun channels much. What's the deal with this round? I'm guessing it's all velocity?

Didn't want to watch the videos, don't like youtube gun channels much. What's the deal with this round? I'm guessing it's all velocity?

2000+ fps out of a 5.3" barrel - usually solid copper hp, athough there is a Sierra Bullet co JHP. 95 grains.

Good (for a pistol) ballistic coefficent as well so still over 1500 fps at 100 meters.

Brass is 10mm ish at the base and necks down to 7.68mm IIRC. Brass is longer than 10mm and thick walled for higher pressure.

I've always really liked the look of the Field Pistol, but theres just no way I could justify spending that much on a pistol (for the original version that is). The PSD is much more doable price wise, and I didn't even know that it existed! Thanks for the write-up!

I salivated (possibly literally) when the Field Pistol was announced, drool dried up a bit when came the price tag.

The PSD changes things, but the fact they can charge so much less for the polymer framed version is a head scratcher.

Regardless, since I don't hunt, I'm having trouble justifying the $ w/o the ability to reload.

Dies & brass = I'm in :)

That's not at all a half bad price. A guy on 1911addicts is selling the Field pistol with a ton of mags and some ammo, if I had the scratch I would jump on it, just to have- beautiful Steampunk Robocop goodness that it is...
This isn't nearly as pretty. Or pretty period- but it's CZ / CGW price territory and the calibre interchangeability is another bonus-

I look forward to your thoughts on it.

I ended up getting one. It's a hefty pistol. Haven't shot it yet, probably won't until the SRO that I bought for it arrives. I bought it to carry in the woods but I'm going to have to rethink my carry options. A chest holster is probably the way to go. FiveseveN for size reference

Attachments

• 20201128_142155.png
    20201128_142155.png
    927.8 KB · Views: 140
Finally recieved mine a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to shoot it, but it is a very well made pistol. Good trigger, decent ergonimics for a pistol this size. The take down is very easy with the slide lock which is nice for changing barrels.

IMG_1569[11783].jpg

Funny lookin sucker.
Is there a reason for all of that mass out front? Looks like it would be extremely muzzle heavy.
That round sounds pretty Bad Axx.

Yep. A chunk of turned steel, about 5.4 oz not including the guide rod or spring. The whole idea is recoil mitigation ala the Hudson H9. Oddly it is not nose heavy, although unloaded it is very top heavy. Worse than a glock. I haven't loaded it yet. It's not that hard to point and has a nice trigger with slightly unusual sights (really small front blade with a tiny red dot on it). I suspect it will be fairly easy to shoot.

wow ! I had no idea that the frame was so tall ! It's certainly meaty, but very cool looking.
The steel version looked more in line with regular CZ frame height

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads