JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A neighbor has a CMR he wants to sell cheap and I'm thinking about it. But I've never owned a Kel-tec product and there seems to be some opinion on the web that I should be wary of their stuff.

Anyone have one?
Do you like?
Would I be better off with some other low cost pistol caliber?
Is 22 mag even worth having?

Last Edited:
Keltec has many design innovations. I have only owned one , a PF9. I lent it out and that person asked to buy it. So I was glad to let it go. The Ruger Single Six with the .22 mag cylinder is hard to beat. They are now priced very high compared to the $179 I paid. A solid performer for plinking and varmint for me.

A neighbor has a CMP he wants to sell cheap and I'm thinking about it. But I've never owned a Kel-tec product and there seems to be some opinion on the web that I should be wary of their stuff.

Anyone have one?
Do you like?
Would I be better off with some other low cost pistol caliber?
Is 22 mag even worth having?
Take it you mean a CMR? It's a carbine based on the PMR pistol. I like a lot of what the company makes. I have heard tale of many of the CMR and PMR's having feed problems. Nothing that can't be fixed. The one problem with these is the cost of the damn ammo. .22 WMR was the last .22 ammo to come back after the panic and it's still harder to find than .22 ammo and still fairly expensive. How cheap is he talking here?

Thirty cents a pop for .22 magnum is steep. I found my rifle likes the Hornady 30 grain. The Single Six gets any traditional lower cost 40 grain that I have on hand. I use the handgun on night time varmint. My evidence pointing to .22 magnum thriftiness is the box of 1982 solids I still have. I find the low power .38 Specials to be a great night time varmint gun as well. It comes down to my carry holsters I think. The Single Six has a great leather flap holster. It has been treated with wax and keeps the crud off the gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top