JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, with the current political and environmental climate I've been if a grumpy mood lately. I enjoy firearms, shooting, hunting and car related activities. Recently I've felt run into the ground, it seems like everyone is out to take away my hobbies, and frankly I've felt helpless. I am a member of the NRA, but after witnessing what happened in New York, I asked what is preventing that from happening here? While Oregon isn't New York, I am more worried about legislation on the state level then the federal. I am fortunate, my representatives to the state government support the same views as I do at least from the letter they've wrote to me. But, when it comes down to it, I still felt helpless.

So, what did I do? I joined the Oregon Firearms Federation. It makes me feel a bit better, knowing I am supporting a local entity. If anyone feels like I do, I hope you join as well. I hope OFF will be another level of protection to my hobby and what I enjoy to do.

I signed up for a life membership of the SAF. As always, it seems as if nobody there checks what goes on on their Paypal, but I expect to be notified within a few months of what goes on.

They do however do good work in the legislative arena, which is where the fight is best fought if you ask me.

DieselScout, I think I can understand your head space right now. A buddy of mine recently fulfilled his life long dream of owning his own ranch so he could shoot. He has been breaking his back to set up his own personal range so he can safely shoot and not bother anyone.

Right now he is kind of a basket case. He has been vocal about this type of thing before all of this stuff happened, now he is worried about his dream just vanishing in a poof of irrational fear.

I know of others who are in the same boat. I want to say, this too shall pass, but don't know if it will or not.

Be vocal, write your reps/senators. Do what you can. That is all I tell my buddy, and all most of us can do. :(

I've written both state and federal senators and representatives and am waiting to write them again once specific legislation comes out. Its the feeling of helplessness that is hard to overcome. I am passionate and proactive about things important to me and the assault they are under seems overwhelming at times. Thanks for the support.

Me too. I sent some letters out and joined or rejoined 4 gun rights organizations and it helped for a little bit but all the negativity and tin foil is taking a toll. I just want to BS about guns and hunting without the constant thought of be oppressed at any moment by the gov or panic buyers. Keep your head up and lets hope we make it through this one. Keep up the good fight i'm going to.

The second amendment has been under attack since before your time, your dads time, and your grandfathers time. It will always be under attack. Our right won't change. To do so would mean a complete downfall of society.

Don't stress over it. Go shooting and get your mind off of it. Get away from the forums for a week or so and come back refreshed. After all, I had to detach myself from it and the last 2 weeks were great.

I think a lot of of have had a rough month. I've had several debates with highly emotional people who think we need a lot gun control.

I've sent or am sending more money to a few pro firearms organizations, writing reps, and took a driving trip. I'm still more worried about OR laws being passed.

I haven't ever been especially active politically, but the current situation has me fired up and paying attention. I feel a bit weary from being hyper-vigilant, what with all the proposals flying and things developing on a daily basis, I feel like I can't take a day off from paying attention.

It's starting to wear on me too, and it's only just begun. Trying to keep my eyes on the prize though!

Well, to put it mildly thing are looking up. NWFA is back, the rally in Salem looks like it went great and I had my gun club's annual meeting today. It's the first I've been able to attend and walked away with this....

upload_1000006AE260E0_2013.01.20%252C06%253A09%253A10%252C500_D4F620DA.jpg

It's a Colt Competition Expert. It's more then I'd ever by myself for an AR-15 and I am still smiling. Now I've got about 40 rounds of ammunition for it, so it's a mad hunt to find more. Sadly I am going to need all the luck I can get to find any and I am afraid I've used up all my luck. Nice thing is it uses the same bullets as my .22-250, so I just need some small rifle primers and I can reload. Turns out small rifle primers are hard to find too. Oh well, I'll just hold it and make gun noises.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top