Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I've been away. Please catch me up?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Gunner3456, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I've not been well but I'm fine now. I haven't been to the forums or to the store for some time now. Please give me a quick catch up?

1. Is there still an ammo shortage of any kind, and how are prices compared to a year or so ago when there were shortages?

2. Same for reloading components, especially primers and powder. Is that back in stock yet? The last time I ordered primers I went on a waiting list and it took me 6 months to get them. Jack in Sweet Home was my savior on primers - thanks Jack.

3. Are stores still rationing ammo? The last time I was in Bi Mart for instance, they would sell me just two boxes of ammo, period, and that's if the shelf wasn't empty. Has that changed?

4. How about guns, like say Glocks and others. Are they in stock at reasonable prices, or are dealers still holding to full list or more?

Thanks!

Cliff

2. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

Dennis

3. Gunner3456

Thanks Dennis. I too reload and I have gobs of unloaded components. I have so much ammo that I'm going to stop reloading and sell or trade all of my equipment and components, and I have a ton. Jack in Sweet Home never gouged on primers and powder so I won't get hurt. Bless Jack.

The only gun I don't have that I wish I did is a high cap mag .308 - maybe an AR but I'm open on that. Might trade some reloading equipment, brass or consumables for that or just buy it.

Beyond what I can shoot for practice and even if bands of zombies ever attack, I see ammo as currency, and people want factory ammo so I'm going that way for "excess" inventory. I think I have all of the reloads I'll shoot in a lifetime and if not, I'll shoot the bulk stuff.

I appreciate the update, and the mention that some folks wondered about me.

Cliff

4. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome back Gunner3456.

5. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Gunner-

rockcrawler has/had a really sweet ruger pistol you might be interested.

I don't know what happened to you, but glad to see you back.

SF-

6. Gunner3456

Thanks! The only Ruger pistols which interest me any more are the ones with the red logo on the grip signifying they were made before Bill Ruger died in the early 50's.

Since I have about ten of them, I'd have to think twice about buying another.

Oh, I like my Ruger Standard 6" "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty." It's NIB with 2 extra mags NIB and all original sales receipts. The extra mags back then were $9.90 for the pair, LOL.

7. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

In the 50's? Sturm, I think. Bill made it till just a couple years ago.

8. Gunner3456

You're probably right.

9. bmont

bmont Hillsboro Member

I've wondered about ya!Glad to see ya back Cliff.Hopefully everything is OK with ya Buddy.

10. dave

dave Independence Member

Glad youre back Cliff. Im awaiting an excellent tale of your endeavors with the swedish bikini team or even a tour off the Somalian coast keeping the shipping lanes safe!

Always enjoy your perspective on most things.

11. Gunner3456

Thanks guys. I'm fine. Went through a physical issue but I'm coming back fast. Nothing permanent.

Cliff

12. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

????? You alright?

SF-

13. Gunner3456

Yep, SF. Give me six more months and I'll be able to whip you. :laugh:

Thanks for asking.

Cliff

14. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

Hi, Gunner: I wondered where you were, too. I don't think too much has changed. As for powder, the last time I looked, the Bear Creek Bi-Mart had all of the different types of powder that they normally carry. I also heard that there are no limits on ammo there unless it's a sale item. For the time being ammo is plentiful. Let's hope that these "Lame Duckers" in Congress don't decide to exact revenge on us for flushing them out by enacting some type of a gun or ammo grab. Then the shortages will be back with us. Glad you're back! Dario.

15. Gunner3456

Thanks Dario!

I may be able to get to Bi Mart this week. On my way I also pass W. Main. I want a couple of bulk packs of .40. I have tons of ammo. Now I'm looking for "currency."

Cliff

16. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Medford, OR Member

Welcome back Gunner, hadn't seen you since July. I remember you'd mentioned you weren't feeling too hot, but I'm glad you pulled through.
    i'm afraid the world's still on the raggedy edge, but things are a little less scarce now, if you got the money to spend for it.

17. Gunner3456

Thanks! Do you still have that new job?

Did you get your reloading going?

Cliff