JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I've not been well but I'm fine now. I haven't been to the forums or to the store for some time now. Please give me a quick catch up?

1. Is there still an ammo shortage of any kind, and how are prices compared to a year or so ago when there were shortages?

2. Same for reloading components, especially primers and powder. Is that back in stock yet? The last time I ordered primers I went on a waiting list and it took me 6 months to get them. Jack in Sweet Home was my savior on primers - thanks Jack.

3. Are stores still rationing ammo? The last time I was in Bi Mart for instance, they would sell me just two boxes of ammo, period, and that's if the shelf wasn't empty. Has that changed?

4. How about guns, like say Glocks and others. Are they in stock at reasonable prices, or are dealers still holding to full list or more?

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi all,

I've not been well but I'm fine now. I haven't been to the forums or to the store for some time now. Please give me a quick catch up?

Welcome back,glad your doing better. A few of us were actually discussing having not seen you on the board for a while.

1. Is there still an ammo shortage of any kind, and how are prices compared to a year or so ago when there were shortages?

Nowhere near as bad,prices have come down,supply/availability is up.

2. Same for reloading components, especially primers and powder. Is that back in stock yet? The last time I ordered primers I went on a waiting list and it took me 6 months to get them. Jack in Sweet Home was my savior on primers - thanks Jack.

Primers are back down to reasonable levels,25.00 per K is not uncommon.
Powder supply seems to be hit or miss for the more popular brands,prices are ok,bullets are plentiful with moderate pricing for the more popular calibers/weight. Still have some clowns at the gunshows trying to unload the overpriced powder and primers they bought during the shortage thinking they can gouge the public still.

3. Are stores still rationing ammo? The last time I was in Bi Mart for instance, they would sell me just two boxes of ammo, period, and that's if the shelf wasn't empty. Has that changed?

I have not experienced any rationing of components/ammo in the last 6-8 months,but then i don't have the need to frequent local sources as i mail order most of mine so it may vary by location,i never felt the ammo crunch like many due to handloading.

4. How about guns, like say Glocks and others. Are they in stock at reasonable prices, or are dealers still holding to full list or more?

Lots of guns forsale,various reasons depending on the sellers. Keiths does not seem to have any shortages,at least judging from all the tables they have at the gunshows.
Prices have dropped considerably for many makes and models,some folks still think an SKS is worth 1400.00 :confused:
The gunshows still suck other than a few local dealers who are willing to wheel and deal.
NWFA has several dealers who seem to have good pricing with a nice selection,others seem able to get/order just about anything you want.

Thanks!

Your welcome

Cliff

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. I too reload and I have gobs of unloaded components. I have so much ammo that I'm going to stop reloading and sell or trade all of my equipment and components, and I have a ton. Jack in Sweet Home never gouged on primers and powder so I won't get hurt. Bless Jack.

The only gun I don't have that I wish I did is a high cap mag .308 - maybe an AR but I'm open on that. Might trade some reloading equipment, brass or consumables for that or just buy it.

Beyond what I can shoot for practice and even if bands of zombies ever attack, I see ammo as currency, and people want factory ammo so I'm going that way for "excess" inventory. I think I have all of the reloads I'll shoot in a lifetime and if not, I'll shoot the bulk stuff.

I appreciate the update, and the mention that some folks wondered about me.

Cliff

Welcome back Gunner3456.

Gunner-

rockcrawler has/had a really sweet ruger pistol you might be interested.

I don't know what happened to you, but glad to see you back.

SF-

Thanks! The only Ruger pistols which interest me any more are the ones with the red logo on the grip signifying they were made before Bill Ruger died in the early 50's.

Since I have about ten of them, I'd have to think twice about buying another.

Oh, I like my Ruger Standard 6" "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty." It's NIB with 2 extra mags NIB and all original sales receipts. The extra mags back then were $9.90 for the pair, LOL.

Glad youre back Cliff. Im awaiting an excellent tale of your endeavors with the swedish bikini team or even a tour off the Somalian coast keeping the shipping lanes safe!

Always enjoy your perspective on most things.

I've wondered about ya!Glad to see ya back Cliff.Hopefully everything is OK with ya Buddy.

Glad youre back Cliff. Im awaiting an excellent tale of your endeavors with the swedish bikini team or even a tour off the Somalian coast keeping the shipping lanes safe!

Always enjoy your perspective on most things.

Thanks guys. I'm fine. Went through a physical issue but I'm coming back fast. Nothing permanent.

Cliff

Hi, Gunner: I wondered where you were, too. I don't think too much has changed. As for powder, the last time I looked, the Bear Creek Bi-Mart had all of the different types of powder that they normally carry. I also heard that there are no limits on ammo there unless it's a sale item. For the time being ammo is plentiful. Let's hope that these "Lame Duckers" in Congress don't decide to exact revenge on us for flushing them out by enacting some type of a gun or ammo grab. Then the shortages will be back with us. Glad you're back! Dario.

Hi, Gunner: I wondered where you were, too. I don't think too much has changed. As for powder, the last time I looked, the Bear Creek Bi-Mart had all of the different types of powder that they normally carry. I also heard that there are no limits on ammo there unless it's a sale item. For the time being ammo is plentiful. Let's hope that these "Lame Duckers" in Congress don't decide to exact revenge on us for flushing them out by enacting some type of a gun or ammo grab. Then the shortages will be back with us. Glad you're back! Dario.

Thanks Dario!

I may be able to get to Bi Mart this week. On my way I also pass W. Main. I want a couple of bulk packs of .40. I have tons of ammo. Now I'm looking for "currency."

Cliff

Welcome back Gunner, hadn't seen you since July. I remember you'd mentioned you weren't feeling too hot, but I'm glad you pulled through.
i'm afraid the world's still on the raggedy edge, but things are a little less scarce now, if you got the money to spend for it.

Welcome back Gunner, hadn't seen you since July. I remember you'd mentioned you weren't feeling too hot, but I'm glad you pulled through.
i'm afraid the world's still on the raggedy edge, but things are a little less scarce now, if you got the money to spend for it.

Thanks! Do you still have that new job?

Did you get your reloading going?

Cliff

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR