JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just waded through the Firearm Laws and Questions, all 20 pages pages of it. Somewhere in there I had a moment of clarity and remembered an event from my past.
Back in the late 70's I sold a Colt 1911 to a trooper in my unit. We were both over 21 but neither of us were originally residents of the state our unit was based in. I never thought about it until today. Ignorance was bliss, then. Glad the statute of limitations has passed.

Aren't military exempt? I was stationed in CA but was from FL in 82. I bought from a Gun shop there, and later sold the same item to another out of towner soldier. Laws were different back then as well I'm sure. I don't worry about it but wonder what became of that weapon.

I was also in the military in the seventies, and military folks were granted resident rights for FFL purposes in the state they were stationed at.

I also am a Cav Trooper and made a deal involving a 1911 in the period of time you described. Any chance you were 3/5 ?

WAYNO.

I was also in the military in the seventies, and military folks were granted resident rights for FFL purposes in the state they were stationed at.

I also am a Cav Trooper and made a deal involving a 1911 in the period of time you described. Any chance you were 3/5 ?

WAYNO.
Close but...15 Med Bn, 1 Cav. Good to know we were a residents at the time.

I just waded through the Firearm Laws and Questions, all 20 pages pages of it. Somewhere in there I had a moment of clarity and remembered an event from my past.
Back in the late 70's I sold a Colt 1911 to a trooper in my unit. We were both over 21 but neither of us were originally residents of the state our unit was based in. I never thought about it until today. Ignorance was bliss, then. Glad the statute of limitations has passed.

Also: you don't have to be over 21 to purchase (or sell) a handgun: <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top