JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just waded through the Firearm Laws and Questions, all 20 pages pages of it. Somewhere in there I had a moment of clarity and remembered an event from my past.
Back in the late 70's I sold a Colt 1911 to a trooper in my unit. We were both over 21 but neither of us were originally residents of the state our unit was based in. I never thought about it until today. Ignorance was bliss, then. Glad the statute of limitations has passed.

Aren't military exempt? I was stationed in CA but was from FL in 82. I bought from a Gun shop there, and later sold the same item to another out of towner soldier. Laws were different back then as well I'm sure. I don't worry about it but wonder what became of that weapon.

I was also in the military in the seventies, and military folks were granted resident rights for FFL purposes in the state they were stationed at.

I also am a Cav Trooper and made a deal involving a 1911 in the period of time you described. Any chance you were 3/5 ?

WAYNO.

I was also in the military in the seventies, and military folks were granted resident rights for FFL purposes in the state they were stationed at.

I also am a Cav Trooper and made a deal involving a 1911 in the period of time you described. Any chance you were 3/5 ?

WAYNO.
Close but...15 Med Bn, 1 Cav. Good to know we were a residents at the time.

I just waded through the Firearm Laws and Questions, all 20 pages pages of it. Somewhere in there I had a moment of clarity and remembered an event from my past.
Back in the late 70's I sold a Colt 1911 to a trooper in my unit. We were both over 21 but neither of us were originally residents of the state our unit was based in. I never thought about it until today. Ignorance was bliss, then. Glad the statute of limitations has passed.

Also: you don't have to be over 21 to purchase (or sell) a handgun: <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top