JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got my steelhead/salmon tag, first time in many years. Figured I'd try combat fishing again. On the plus side I have made many friends along the Applegate river so I don't have to put up with the *&^%$ on the main Rogue River. But on the other hand winter fishing has it advantage, not that many people want to deal with the cold. Plus for me.
Did a complete strip down and rebuild on my son's rod, new eye's and handle. New line on my reels, checked out my fly fishing rod just in case I get the urge. Getting a new fishing rod and reel for Christmas, 9'6" Lamaglass with a Abu spin reel. Wife sazs I don't get to touch it until after Christmas.
For storing your pretied hooks and leader stop by the hardware store and get a length of water pipe insulation, I use the foam insulation for 3/4 in pipe and cut it to fit in my tackle box. That's about 12" long. Also pre sacking my roe. Had to buy some, sure has gotten expensive.
Anyone else getting ready?

I've been out on the Rogue. No one was out.
No bites, just a few hits on a #4 w scented yarn with a corky and a slinky.
It's hella cold right now. l wear lots of layers.
I am tempted to get the waders out to get better positioning.
Hit me up, I'm in GP.

I've been out on the Rogue. No one was out.
No bites, just a few hits on a #4 w scented yarn with a corky and a slinky.
It's hella cold right now. l wear lots of layers.
I am tempted to get the waders out to get better positioning.
Hit me up, I'm in GP.

Don't panic Dunerunner, the good stuff don't happen until after the first of the year.
I live in Murphy, behind the Ace Hardware, back gate, my place. I want some insulated waders but will have to wait for my budget to catch up with what I have already spent.

Don't panic Dunerunner, the good stuff don't happen until after the first of the year.
I live in Murphy, behind the Ace Hardware, back gate, my place. I want some insulated waders but will have to wait for my budget to catch up with what I have already spent.
lol I know where that is. I dated a woman from there years ago. Nice country. I wish I coulda liked her a little more but thats how it goes....

Well there have been better days on the water, first thing got in some really shallow water & plugged the pump with gravel. Got it 1/2 way cleaned out on a gravel bar and limped down river to the ramp (glad I went upriver). Sucky day with the boat and abnormally winter weather.
Oh well next time will be stellar! !!

Plugging the pump with gravel will ruin your day.

My brother was a guide on the Sacramento out of Redding for 40 years, it happened to him a few times during low water years. Not only does it stop the fishing it can leave you at the mercy of treacherous water.

Most of the time (current depending) if you shut down the motor the rocks drop down (if they aren't jammed between the grates) then recrank and go.

I did use some common sense by going up river. Got it cleeaned out enough to get back safely.
Got to survey the impeller damage and was able to resharpen it and the test is tomorrow morning in the same stretch of river (gettin back on the horse that threw me)... and maybe a fish or two.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top