JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Comcast is charging me $170 a month for approximately 240 channels, with sports package and Internet. $60 of it goes to fees and taxes.
Really don't want to go back to Dish and not a fan of Direct TV.
Anyone using Sling, Ruku, or Fire Stick?
Definitely need Foxnews and Blaze TV.
Majority of these companies are anti gun so what are some good alternatives?

Just stumbled upon Play Station Vue. They have an Ultra package for $79 a month with a solid lineup.
Anyone a subscriber?

Just stumbled upon Play Station Vue. They have an Ultra package for $79 a month with a solid lineup.
Anyone a subscriber?
At that rate is internet included? I've tried to leave xfinity 2-3 times and that's been my only roadblock to leaving them.

I've been using Vue for over a year. I've got the Core package and haven't had any problems with it at all.
I stream over my PS4 and its a better experience than I had with ROKU. I've got a 60mbs connection now
but didn't have any issues with 40 mbs when I started.

All you really need is a good net connection for most. Net-flix is nice. If you already have Amazon they have a lot of stuff. Sports is going to be the one sticking point thats harder to deal with. Check with where you are at and see if you can get over air with the right antenna. If you can its real simple to make up a DVR.

Thanks for the feedback! I wonder how much Xfinity would charge a month just to keep their Net? Probably $60-$90 a month I'm guessing alone.
Fubu TV is another one I'm looking at and is appears solid especially if your into soccer.
Heard quiet a few negative reviews on PSVue regarding crashes and where you had to put in a code from PC before tuning into TV. Some complains about being Foxnews bias where Sean Hanity show had frequent crashes during the show.
How is the HD quality?

I have Comcast for internet and am currently using Sling, Netflix, and Prime. I've also tried YouTube TV. If I didn't watch sports I'd probably just stick with Netflix/Amazon.

What I really like about Sling (and YouTube TV) is that you can watch anywhere. The reason I canceled TV with Comcast is that you could only watch a few channels away from home. Most of the time I'd get the "only available on home wifi" message. I think that's ridiculous. Why would I stream from home if I can just watch on the TV? Lol

Thanks for the feedback! I wonder how much Xfinity would charge a month just to keep their Net? Probably $60-$90 a month I'm guessing alone.
Fubu TV is another one I'm looking at and is appears solid especially if your into soccer.
Heard quiet a few negative reviews on PSVue regarding crashes and where you had to put in a code from PC before tuning into TV. Some complains about being Foxnews bias where Sean Hanity show had frequent crashes during the show.
How is the HD quality?

This will depend on where you live and how much speed / bandwidth you want. Where I live it's about $40 a month for the low end Comcast offers which is normally fine for even a couple of us streaming. If you can get cable Broadband do. I have yet to meet anyone using DSL who did not have problems with it. Over last couple decades every person I ever knew who got suckered into trying it ended up kicking it to the curb and going back to cable. Now of course if it's a choice between that or using a dish, well you have no choice. The dish stuff is SLOW and EXPENSIVE

Rabbit ears & DVD's!

Miss Foxnews, but no where's near (not even close!) to what even stripped down cable would cost. Mind that we'd have fox on almost all the time, unless we were catching up on serials/movie night etc.

Now it's radio/music as background noise.

No streaming fast internet at home, so we'll occasionally download a few Amazon Prime shows via WiFi at work.

I kicked the cable box to the curb several years ago. Only thing is miss is Sponge Bob. We just have the comcrap Internet which is about $70/month along with Amazon and Netflix. I am getting ready cut out Netflix since their programming has turned to shinola.

We have basic comcast internet. $66.95 with all taxes and fees included. It's the slowest possible and 3 of us can have our own devices running, and something streaming on Netflix. We also have basic Hulu package because the wife has a show she absolutely loves to watch.

We also went to Vonage for our phone. It's only around $28 per month. The only reason we did is because we have family in Europe. An hour+ cell phone call to Europe would break the bank. :eek:

It takes a little getting used to, but glad we did. As you mentioned, why should I pay $200+ for 240 channels when I only watch about 10 of them? And, why am I being charged Hispanic channels fees and sports channel fees??? And have no choice but to pay them! :mad:

Having a pay per channel pricing structure like Canada has been talked about for a loong time.. but here we still are.
lame
I only have my phone.. ATT

For those of you on Android have i got a solution for you :) it's an app called CotoMovies... Think Netflix and hulu combined.. Except free and no adds. Ive been using it for the past 6 months. Not a scam and I'm not affiliated ..You won't find it in the play store so open up a web browser (phone) and go to

www.cotomovies.com. Download and enjoy. Screenshot_20190402-193504_CotoMovies.jpg

Cut our cable and bought a Clearstream double 8 antenna a couple years ago and have never looked back. Still have Comcast for internet and buy slingtv during college football season ($30/month) and cancel it after the bowl games. Only wish we'd done it sooner.

I cut television out after Robert Dinero was doing the Tony awards or what ever it was and he was upmon the stage and said,

FU TRUMP
FU TRUMP
and all.of his piers stood up and clapped on que.
That was it for me, I called Comcast the next morning and told them to shove their programing up where the sun doesn't shine.

We had the cable TV and internet, we were paying close to.$200 a month. Not now, never again.
She got netflex, i refuse to watch that as well.
Most of these peope who are entertainers are anti-gun puppets. Their oppinion has zero meaning to me and i refuse to be part of their income.
As far as the news goes, most of it is left agenda controled so it is of no value to me as well.
This desicion saved me $2,400 a year, gives me more time to reload and get stuff done around the house. I,m not sitting on the couch watching people make believe there are someone else.
I don,t miss it at all.

My internet i get on my phone. So my laptop is of no use to.me as well. Everything I do.is through my phone.

Besides my antenna and Netflix I use Century link for internet $35.00 a month and a Magic Jack for home phone under $40.00 a year. Oh and our cell phones are through Metro $50.00 a month for both unlimited. What can I say, I'm a cheap bastaad

I use a small indoor antenna (Bought at Walmart - I have used 2 styles from them.) and it is hooked up to the Sony television.

I do not pay for any of those 'subscription services' like Netflix, etc.

I don't buy jack squat from Amazon, I never did and I never will and that is a personal decision for me. For my husband too. To each their own is my motto. I gather that company offers some films and shows from what I read online.

We still have some dvd/blue ray shows and movies. Small collection and the others that we watched a lot and owned for some time were donated to the library. If we choose to watch them again, they are still THERE. Some of them are online for free on You Tube now too.

A person can use their local library, in state library and get items from other libraries across the country too.

You can watch many things online off of your computer or hook a cord (HDMI cable?) from your computer to the boob tube. Stateside and overseas. You don't have to pay for these 'shows', lectures, discussions, news (LOL), etc.

Best wishes to you.

Cate

PS:

If I moved to another part of MT - hundreds of miles away, to another part of this city or county or out of state in any part of the country... I would still do the same thing when it came to 'boob tube reception' as I wrote above.

And if that meant that my 'small indoor antenna' did not pick up jack squat - so be it. I would not even put up an outdoor antenna.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads