JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The other odd thing with comcast is some how I hit my 1TB data limit in a month but I am still not sure how considering that normally when I leave home I unplug everything and theres no big DL's for movies or music going on, occasionally i stream but nothing excessive and as far as I am aware nobody is sitting around the place watching 4k streamed content 24/7 (4k takes at least 25Mbps to show 4k content). Monitoring my traffic it didn't make any sense. Be aware of this comcast net users. You get 2 grace periods for going over before they start applying the $$$ stacks for every I think either 10gb or 50gb you go over.

Was this about a year (or so) ago?

Over the course of a few weeks, a few of us neighbors were talking and this subject came up. It happened to all of us.

I called Comcast and called them on it. They had no explanation, and tried telling me it was ME and my increased streaming/gaming/etc. I told them that I do not "game" or "stream" anything. I don't game, and the only movies i watch are either on a Comcast channel that I receive, or I rent a DVD.

They "waived it this one time" and told me that if it happened again that they couldn't waive it again.

I told my neighbors (which, by the way, half are well into retirement and are "computer illiterate" and the other half are pushing retirement ages and do not "game" or "stream" either). They all called and got the same "It must be your fault" and the "well, we will waive it this one time....." speeches too.

I think Comcast tried pulling some crap with their customers - OR - something glitched in THEIR system.

Was this about a year (or so) ago?

Over the course of a few weeks, a few of us neighbors were talking and this subject came up. It happened to all of us.

I called Comcast and called them on it. They had no explanation, and tried telling me it was ME and my increased streaming/gaming/etc. I told them that I do not "game" or "stream" anything. I don't game, and the only movies i watch are either on a Comcast channel that I receive, or I rent a DVD.

They "waived it this one time" and told me that if it happened again that they couldn't waive it again.

I told my neighbors (which, by the way, half are well into retirement and are "computer illiterate" and the other half are pushing retirement ages and do not "game" or "stream" either). They all called and got the same "It must be your fault" and the "well, we will waive it this one time....." speeches too.

I think Comcast tried pulling some crap with their customers - OR - something glitched in THEIR system.

I dont know if this is the case in your area, but in Eugene, Oregon a Comcast company router will also be broadcasting an open wifi sight for other Xfinity customers to be able to log onto. ( xfinity home hotspot).

We cancelled Comcast about 2 months ago and now use a cellular hotspot. saving about 60% of our previous internet costs, also the hotspot we use is mobile, so we can take it with us when we travel. So far the change has been fairly painless, but we dont stream videos or movies anymore due to only going with a pay as you go plan with 16 gigs a month. We were finally fed up with the endless price changes/ lies, that happened with comcast.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top