JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This will depend on where you live and how much speed / bandwidth you want. Where I live it's about $40 a month for the low end Comcast offers which is normally fine for even a couple of us streaming. If you can get cable Broadband do. I have yet to meet anyone using DSL who did not have problems with it. Over last couple decades every person I ever knew who got suckered into trying it ended up kicking it to the curb and going back to cable. Now of course if it's a choice between that or using a dish, well you have no choice. The dish stuff is SLOW and EXPENSIVE

We have had broadband DSL for a longgg time & on occasion we've had outages (like cable) but it's not the end of the world. All carriers are overrated & over priced.

We have had broadband DSL for a longgg time & on occasion we've had outages (like cable) but it's not the end of the world. All carriers are overrated & over priced.

Been a LONG time since anyone I knew tried DSL so hopefully they have improved. The people I knew who tried it outages were never a problem. It was set up. With cable buy a new computer or router and it just hooks up and off you go. Everyone who had DSL could NEVER change anything without a long call to support. Every new computer or any thing that used the net. It was amazing. Does yours let you add some new gadget without having to call support? That was always the only problem I kept seeing with it.

I have Xfinity/Comcast 250Mbps internet. I think it's $70/month. I ditched cable TV years ago.

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 11.27.06 PM.png

Been a LONG time since anyone I knew tried DSL so hopefully they have improved. The people I knew who tried it outages were never a problem. It was set up. With cable buy a new computer or router and it just hooks up and off you go. Everyone who had DSL could NEVER change anything without a long call to support. Every new computer or any thing that used the net. It was amazing. Does yours let you add some new gadget without having to call support? That was always the only problem I kept seeing with it.

Mine was set up by telephone tech friend I worked with. A few times I had to reboot or replace the modem but not worrisome. I'm technology challenged & don't ad any more crap than I can handle.
Come on EMP.....:D

Got a smart tv, best thing I ever did. Free WiFi in my building, so all I did was get a cheap hd antenna for my local broadcast stuff. My total expenses are for Netflix and Amazon prime video, less than 20 bucks a month.

use my tablet for internet access, of course I have Amazon and Netflix on it too. My sister got me on xfinity as an additional device/user, she can have up to 4 on her account, no additional charges.

Last Edited:
I cut cable quite awhile ago, got tired of left leaning programming and paying for channels that maybe 12% I watched. Have Roku and Firestick and smart TVs. Netflix, prime, Hulu and CBS streaming (was strongly requested). Sadly no OTA where I'm at. Been streaming with dsl till two weeks ago when they finally got the fiber to my house! Not too much into sports but when there's a football game I want to watch I just head over to my buddy's house. Adding half the internet for tv it's still less than $80 for all that. No complaints except for no over the air but also not in the city!

We just have the comcrap Internet which is about $70/month along with Amazon and Netflix. I am getting ready cut out Netflix since their programming has turned to shinola.

I use Frontier internet at $50 a month, plus Amazon and Netflix.

Netflix has gone from pretty decent selection to 95% European shows and extremely politicaly left programing.

Getting rid of it after the last season of Stranger Things air this July.

Girlfriend and I were searching for something to watch and the show Russian Doll came up and she wanted to check it out. Every single character in that show was personally offensive to me. Nothing but leftist elitists in New York making fun of conservatives and normal people. It was disgusting.

I use Frontier internet at $50 a month, plus Amazon and Netflix.

Netflix has gone from pretty decent selection to 95% European shows and extremely politicaly left programing.

Getting rid of it after the last season of Stranger Things air this July.

Girlfriend and I were searching for something to watch and the show Russian Doll came up and she wanted to check it out. Every single character in that show was personally offensive to me. Nothing but leftist elitists in New York making fun of conservatives and normal people. It was disgusting.
I absolutely agree with you but if I didn't have 4 other family members using Netflix, it'd been long gone.

I use comcast internet, its 65/month for 150mps which is pretty good.. can stream several devices if needed. Also, anyone who has comcast internet, can get their mobile service free. Unlimited talk and text and 100 mbs of data a month, great if you stick to wifi for phone data.

We stopped 5 years ago. I couldn't stand The History Channel becoming the Fat dumb Pawn Broker Channel, Reality shows on every other channel. 30+ channel aimed at illegals, OOPS, sorry Latinos. Sports up the wazzo. Got tired of the BS brain-dead couch potato zombie offerings. So we just do on demand, Netflix, Amazon. But those are leftist run, so you have to choose wisely.

Converted back to analog video and DVD. Just have the net for simple surfing and downloading. Haven't watched a TV with actual cable in.......years?
Don't subscribe to netflix or hulu either or any other service for that matter. Dropped comcast and went with Frontier for that glorious fiber net 500/500 for $54 a month vs what I was paying for comcasts 200/15 at $85+ a month and growing. Don't rent the ISP equipment either its just more room for them to charge extra monthly just buy your own modem/router (separate) and save yourself another $15 a month.

Modem/Router should run you about $150 or so but thats a buy once cry once vs $15x12 = $180 on top of other whacky things they'll impose on your account (comcast kept adding services without my consent and features, I didn't notice at first but after a couple of months I was paying $120 a month when it should have been $80)

No more data caps and no more bandwidth limits either, the way it should be. Going from a pooled connection (comcast) to my own direct fiber line (frontier) has been the saving grace of this area.

I finally got the wife to go along with it to a point. Comcast jacked our rate up again. Coworker had tried the fairly new thing Hulu came out with that is live TV over the net along with the other stuff Hulu puts out. $52 a month if you don't want to watch commercials, something like $6 less if you want to watch the commercials. We use an old laptop to watch DVDs so at first just used it to watch TV on the main TV, then bought a $30 Roku. We already had Net-flix and Amazon Prime, so lots to watch. The newer Hulu thing has been great since its all on the wifi. Don't have to move cable drops to move TV's around. Wife wanted her treadmill moved so just moved the TV for that to new spot and all it there Wifi. Comes with a cloud DRV. One big upside is the Gov has not yet got their hands in this. The amount they quote you is what you actually pay. Unlike cable which give a price, then 5 different taxes are added on. Still very pricey getting the net through Comcast but that's all there is where I live so have to live with that.

The other odd thing with comcast is some how I hit my 1TB data limit in a month but I am still not sure how considering that normally when I leave home I unplug everything and theres no big DL's for movies or music going on, occasionally i stream but nothing excessive and as far as I am aware nobody is sitting around the place watching 4k streamed content 24/7 (4k takes at least 25Mbps to show 4k content). Monitoring my traffic it didn't make any sense. Be aware of this comcast net users. You get 2 grace periods for going over before they start applying the $$$ stacks for every I think either 10gb or 50gb you go over.

The other odd thing with comcast is some how I hit my 1TB data limit in a month but I am still not sure how considering that normally when I leave home I unplug everything and theres no big DL's for movies or music going on, occasionally i stream but nothing excessive and as far as I am aware nobody is sitting around the place watching 4k streamed content 24/7 (4k takes at least 25Mbps to show 4k content). Monitoring my traffic it didn't make any sense. Be aware of this comcast net users. You get 2 grace periods for going over before they start applying the $$$ stacks for every I think either 10gb or 50gb you go over.
You need to check your router. If you are sucking up that much bandwidth you have a neighbor helping you. We have one kid who is on the road so much he stays with us when back in town. He does some kind of online gaming thing where he is playing and talking to others. It's very high use. when he is here we still do not even come close to half that with both of us streaming in 1020p and the kid doing his thing.
Check the router to see how many devices are on it and see if it matches what you have, and or change the password and see if it stops.

You need to check your router. If you are sucking up that much bandwidth you have a neighbor helping you. We have one kid who is on the road so much he stays with us when back in town. He does some kind of online gaming thing where he is playing and talking to others. It's very high use. when he is here we still do not even come close to half that with both of us streaming in 1020p and the kid doing his thing.
Check the router to see how many devices are on it and see if it matches what you have, and or change the password and see if it stops.

See thats the thing. I checked my router and looked at all the traffic and devices connected. Nobody was suspect to it, we would have a couple get togethers at the house but were talking just phones using net for youtube or music based apps. Even with my online gaming/streaming/talking apps and other odds an ends my traffic usage still did not amount to 1TB. Nobody was downloading music nor movies either as I checked my packets. I do have a RING cam but that barely uses anything off the wifi and only watches one area. Adding it all up non of it even came close. On average in a month I would hit about 600-700gbs max and thats with heavy usage even on my behalf. As a precaution about once a month I will go thru the router and "clean it" then change out all the passwords and reshare that the folks who loft there. 0 intrusions and 0 as far as I am aware free loaders.

They tried to get me again just before I switched providers with saying I was getting real close to my data cap again. That is when comcast totally lost me. I could tolerate the rates but not the enforcement of bandwidth and offering limited offers for better upload rates without going into business tier at $200+ a month. NO THANKS!

Back in the day they used to have a 300gb limit but it wasn't enforced going over it then that changed in I believe october of 2017 when they raised it to 500gb with enforcement in areas to finally 1TB enforced state wide. The two biggest things I wanted was matching or better than 15Mbps upload and NO CAPS. Frontier offered just such and even offered for 2 years contract at $54 a month +$10 if you rent their equipment (which is stupid because upon install they just give it to you and say you have to contact the office to send it back, cant just send it back with the tech) but after two years goes to $75 a month which is still cheaper than comcasts 200/15 for $85 a month and growing for just basic cable net.

Funny enough there used to be a script you could put in the router itself so that if a neighbor or someone decided to hop on your wifi and access the web they would be greeted with a 180 flipped browser and everything was inverted. Small but super annoying and kept most lurkers off your stuff.

Last Edited:
I finally realized all I was watching on Vue was the Smithsonian channel and a couple other science channels. Dumped it and picked up Smithsonian, The History Vault and Curiosity Stream on Amazon Prime Channels. I think I'm paying $20 a month now including Prime.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top