JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People stockpiling for the zombie apocolype or thinking gun control laws will be crancked up a few notches due to the recent elections? Just got my first pistol the day after the election (not because of the election, that's just when the timing worked out), and when I went to BiMart to buy ammo (I was so excited/nervous when I bought the gun, I forgot to buy ammo to go with it!), they were almost completely sold out of 9mm. I'm guessing that now that the elections are over and once the secession talk goes away, things will settle down. Hope so anyways!

it's strange though, to the point of RVTECH, everything else is readily available. large pistol, small/large rifle, magnum etc.

Can there really just be a run on small pistol primers and nothing else?

Makes sense, kind of. Makes sense in the way that there are probably a lot of people buying their first guns right around now, and they will probably tend to a smaller gun than a .44 magnum or a hunting rifle. Of course, how many gun n00bs are going to be reloading their own stuff? Maybe a lot of people are just planning on having a need to conceal carry, and those people will probably go with smaller pistols and are probably also the kind of people who would do their own loads. All just guesses on my part, but troubling political times often cause many reactions in the real world.

It's been that way here for a few months now as well. I'm assuming since small pistol is the most often shot/reloaded that could be why ? Glad I stocked up when I did :s0155:

First time handgun buyers do not buy primers.

Its most likely increased short term demand by people in a panic.

The manufacturers are most likely going to be able to catch up soon.

As to Bi Mart specifically they only get freight ONCE a week here in Salem I was told the freight that would include ammo and such comes on Monday or Tuesday so its in place for any sale starting on Thurs.

No idea on Wholesale Sports.

I'm assuming since small pistol is the most often shot/reloaded that could be why ?
I gave this some thought and I have an idea. It's possible all those who stocked up the first time around bought everything they thought they needed - but ultimately used the small pistol primers the most. As all up us reloaders know certain powders and bullets can be used universally but there are basically only two sizes of primers and then only two styles of each, small & large and either pistol or rifle. So while we set on the not so often used stuff we deplete our small pistol stock and some are trying to restock quickly having been caught behind the curve. Just a theory.

The company's name that supplies Bi-Mart, Fisherman's, Wholesale Sports, etc. in Oregon is called "ALL SPORTS". They are flakes. There is no shortage in other parts of the country as Powder Valley has them available and I assume other on-line stores would as well.
I quit buying powder and primers from Bi-Mart as they never have my powder and couldn't keep small primers on the shelf. That being said, if someone wants to do a group-buy from Powder Valley on small primers, saving money even with the Hazmat fee, let's do it. Start a fresh thread on the group buys forum perhaps.
Sorry RVTech, this may not help you unless you get to Portland on a regular basis! I'd be happy to hold a few K for you with my money up front if you'd like.

Mike

Cabelas in Tulalip was out of them last month. It doesn't necessarily have to be a demand thing - could be a supply issue or who knows what.

Can't you just substitute magnum primers and work the load up again, starting 10% lighter?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top