JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Iridium satellite phone I take with me when I go off the beaten path, especially when I am out in the Steens. The nice thing about the Iridium phone is you can do a pre paid plan and sub for service only when you need it.

If I didn't already have this, I wouldn't hesitate to get a satellite emergency beacon.

I have a Iridium satellite phone I take with me when I go off the beaten path, especially when I am out in the Steens. The nice thing about the Iridium phone is you can do a pre paid plan and sub for service only when you need it.

If I didn't already have this, I wouldn't hesitate to get a satellite emergency beacon.
Hopefully it'll still be worth something when they find the body, yo.

Lol

Note to self: If lost in the woods in a snow storm, before you pass out from exhaustion or whatever, tie yourself upright to a tree so they can find your body. Or at least your shredded jacket, mysteriously tied to a tree. :)

I have a very vague/generic treasure map with a note attached that reads;
"To find the 200, 1oz. stolen gold coins that I buried out here today, you must first solve the secret "key" embedded within the final credits of "The African Queen".*

I always carry that note in my wallet whenever I go snipe hunting, in the deep woods, alone.
Y'know.... just in case ghosts can laugh!
1632460395915.png

* Note for liberal members; story is complete B.S....I really don't walk in the woods alone and Snipe live in marshland.

Last Edited:
Hopefully it'll still be worth something when they find the body, yo.

Lol
Gee, I suppose we should laugh at everyone that conceal carries a pistol. Hopefully that pistol will still be worth something when the coroner hands over your property.

Stupid to laugh when there are any missing person cases that would had a different outcome if they had an emergency beacon or sat phone. Better to have something you may never use, then need something you do not have.

Last Edited:

Which phone and who is the provider?

Gee, I suppose we should laugh at everyone that conceal carries a pistol. Hopefully that pistol will still be worth something when the coroner hands over your property.

Stupid to laugh when there are any missing person cases that would had a different outcome if they had an emergency beacon or sat phone. Better to have something you may never use, then need something you do not have.
Stupid, huh?
It was my way of saying there's no magic bullet and it'd be folly to think so.
Anyway, good for you and your gewgaw.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads