JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, actually, more like the Bellevue/Redmond area.

My job will have me working in and around Bellevue and Redmond, so I am thinking of moving North East of those cities. We are country folks, so Something within an hour's drive on with some open space. Seems like it should be possible.

Right now we are looking to rent, so that will make it tougher to find a place since we have two dogs.

If anyone from that area can suggest the "good" and almost more important the "bad" places to live up that way, it would be really helpful. We are planning on being up there in the coming weeks for a few days to house hunt and steering us into the better areas would save a lot of time.

Thanks in advance for any help, and looking forward to meeting some of the locals to go shooting

Jim

Sounds great! I escaped California myself just a short time ago, life is very different up here. I lived in Lynnwood/Everett for a while, not bad places to live. But one thing to remember is the traffic can be a real bear at times. I found it to be worse than the Silicone Valley, where I moved from. Have fun!

traffic can be a real bear at times. I found it to be worse than the Silicone Valley, where I moved from. Have fun!

yea, we are in Silicon Valley as well, I am a sales guy so I will be able to pick and choose my commute times somewhat, and will not have to do it every day. I have been to the area quite a few times this year, and know what you are talking about.

There's nothing bad in Swellvue. Seattle: 23rd and Rainier is bad.

maybe I should be more specific, we are looking at places like Marysville, Three Lakes Area, Granite Falls, Arlington, Monroe, you get the idea,

something out of the city, we are not city folks, if we can't see our neighbors it would be idea, don't expect to be able to rent something like that, so until we sell our current house ( almost impossible these days) we will be renting.

Welcome to the forum and good luck on the move. Those areas you listed are all great and with some options for the remoteness you desire. You might be surprised on the ability to rent what you want so don't give that effort up easily.

Stay on the high side of the Tolt and Snoqualmie if you're looking at Carnation. You can CCW here and own rifles w/detachable mags holding more than 10 rds.

right now we are looking at some houses in Granite Falls,

looking forward to being able to CCW, we took a trip this summer to Idaho, Montana and Washington, I have my Utah CCW so I carried the whole time.

thinking about what kind of ceremony to hold when I remove the "Bullet Buttons" from my ARs, there should be something done since they will finally be free....

On the shooting side, where are the better ranges in the area? I am tactical/combat shooter, so somewhere that will allow draws from a holster, and moving and shooting would be idea.

Wow, the memories of a bad commute! I worked at the Coast Guard station in Seattle, think its pier 39 but I forget, long time ago. I lived in Lynnwood, up north. Instead of taking I-5, I decided to take 99. What would have taken me 30 minutes, took me 4 hours. Geez. Biggest mistake I ever made. Good luck out there!

I grew up over there. 30 plus years in the area and worked in Bellevue for twenty. I would not go that far north. Monroe, Duvall, Fall city, will get you what you are looking for. I really think you will end up closer than you are looking with time.

I grew up over there. 30 plus years in the area and worked in Bellevue for twenty. I would not go that far north. Monroe, Duvall, Fall city, will get you what you are looking for. I really think you will end up closer than you are looking with time.

you are a wise person, we ended up starting the paperwork on a house in Monroe....

Really?? I'm from down there too. (been gone 20 years) But we went back there a few months ago for a visit, and we thought that the traffic everywhere down there from Vallejo in the north down to San Jose' was crazy compared to up here. :huh:

I agree with you up to a point. Yes, traffic is crazy in the SF Bay area. But there are a lot of options, to go North, South, East and West. 280 north and south, 101 north and south, 3 bridges east and west over the bay, 880 north and south, 680 north and south. I lived in San Jose 13 years and for 5 years I traveled from Monterrey in the south, to Santa Rosa in the north so I found ways to get to where I had to get to without running into a lot of traffic.
When I lived in the Seattle area, I worked downtown and lived in Lynwood, just on the Everett border. Did not have a choice, that is where the Coast Guard choose to garrison me and my shipmates. So, to go home the only real way north was I-5 and it always a parking lot after 330pm through 630pm or so. Granted, that was between 94-97, so maybe things changed.

so where to yuo suggest we got to shoot, my wife and I are tactical handgun and AR shooters. Someplace close that would allow us to practice draws fromt he holster, moving and shooting, shooting from cover would be ideal.

I am going to be over there for the holidays. Let me check to see what areas are still open and options. I will PM you with my findings.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top