JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pasco drive-by shooting is in retaliation in Kennewick shooting

Posted: Jun 01, 2011 6:17 PM PDT
Updated: Jun 01, 2011 6:17 PM PDT

PASCO, Wash. -- Four teenagers were arrested after a drive-by shooting in East Pasco Tuesday night. Pasco Police say it happened around 10:30 at the intersection of A Street and South 4th Avenue.

Neighbor Victoria Rodrgeuz says she's worried. "I'm scared because I have children here in the house," says Rodrigeuz, "I hear gun noise and then three seconds later, I see the cops."

A Pasco Police Officer was sitting down the street when a group of teenagers in a white Honda Accord started shouting at another group of teens at the house at the intersection. Then he heard multiple gunshots fired from the car. He quickly pulled them over and recovered a semi automatic handgun.

Police arrested 19 year old Juvenal Torres, 18 year old Ivan Madrid Valdez, and a 15 and 16 year old. They are charged with possession of stolen property, and suspicion of a drive by shooting.

Police say that 16 year old was the victim in Monday's early morning drive-by at the Kennewick SunMart on West 1st Avenue and Washington Street. They say both the shootings are gang related.

The teens in Tuesday's shooting are charged with suspicion of a drive by and possession of stolen property for the gun recovered.

Kennewick Police did not make any arrests in Monday's shooting and they want to hear from witnesses. If you have any information call them at (509) 582-9528

This entire area has became a hotbed of gang activity, why? The produce industry. Until the Govt. demands that ALL employees of these industries have a valid confirmed SSN, this will continue. When the federal govt. steps in denies all tax deductions for companies that employee workers without a valid SSN, the demand will dry up. Yes I understand higher prices for higher wages paid, but this is the trade off, More violence from the offspring of those employed by these farmers!
The billions of tax dollars that go into paying for the education and health care for the children of illegal aliens alone speaks for itself. Take a trip to Sunnyside, or any of the neighboring towns and see for yourselves the entire neighborhoods that have been taken over by these gangs, and were not talking small time thugs here! Gang graffiti tagged everywhere, shootings almost daily, extortion, rape, robbery and drug and human trafficking that per ca pita rival or outpace any location in the nation. It all falls on the shoulders of those that hire this "cheap labor" and that includes restaurants, hotels, landscapers and building contractors. If you hire them to save a buck, you are part of the problem. Sorry for the rant, but its just that simple. John.

There are too many places where it's gotten bad but the criminals are a sub-culture of our immigrant population. There are plenty of hard working immigrants who are law abiding and friendly. However, locally a guy was deported to Mexico and came back here in a matter of weeks to murder his "girlfriend". Apparently he had no fear of being caught sneaking back into the country, no fear of becoming a felon, no fear of being punished for murder. His kind, rather than farmers, should be punished severely enough to serve as a deterrent.

Farmers have much more than cheap labor to worry about. Can you imagine trying to harvest a thousand tons of apples in two weeks with today's young people?

I have family that lives fairly close to 4th and A street. I am from Portland but make frequent trips to Pasco and Kennewick to visit family members. Whenever I go there, it always seems like a descent place for the most part. I have noticed that East Pasco seems to be one of the rougher areas of the Tri-cities. Kennewicke and Richland are nice areas. Reading articles like this make me consider getting my CHL for the state of Washington since I go there so often.

I have noticed that East Pasco seems to be one of the rougher areas of the Tri-cities. Kennewicke and Richland are nice areas. Reading articles like this make me consider getting my CHL for the state of Washington since I go there so often.

Being armed before going into East Pasco would be a good idea.

This entire area has became a hotbed of gang activity, why? The produce industry. Until the Govt. demands that ALL employees of these industries have a valid confirmed SSN, this will continue. When the federal govt. steps in denies all tax deductions for companies that employee workers without a valid SSN, the demand will dry up. Yes I understand higher prices for higher wages paid, but this is the trade off, More violence from the offspring of those employed by these farmers!
The billions of tax dollars that go into paying for the education and health care for the children of illegal aliens alone speaks for itself. Take a trip to Sunnyside, or any of the neighboring towns and see for yourselves the entire neighborhoods that have been taken over by these gangs, and were not talking small time thugs here! Gang graffiti tagged everywhere, shootings almost daily, extortion, rape, robbery and drug and human trafficking that per ca pita rival or outpace any location in the nation. It all falls on the shoulders of those that hire this "cheap labor" and that includes restaurants, hotels, landscapers and building contractors. If you hire them to save a buck, you are part of the problem. Sorry for the rant, but its just that simple. John.

this is right no short cuts any more if the gubberment won't stop it we live with it

There are too many places where it's gotten bad but the criminals are a sub-culture of our immigrant population. There are plenty of hard working immigrants who are law abiding and friendly. However, locally a guy was deported to Mexico and came back here in a matter of weeks to murder his "girlfriend". Apparently he had no fear of being caught sneaking back into the country, no fear of becoming a felon, no fear of being punished for murder. His kind, rather than farmers, should be punished severely enough to serve as a deterrent.

Farmers have much more than cheap labor to worry about. Can you imagine trying to harvest a thousand tons of apples in two weeks with today's young people?

And the cost of those apples? What price do we pay for an innocent caught in the crossfire of this sub-culture?
While I agree that there are plenty of hard working immigrants who are friendly, most broke the law when they came here in the first place, and as such it can be assumed will and do break the law just by remaining here, do they not?

You hit the nail hard on the head here >> (Apparently he had no fear of being caught sneaking back into the country, no fear of becoming a felon, no fear of being punished for murder. His kind, rather than farmers, should be punished severely enough to serve as a deterrent)<<. Unfortunatly the teeth in the law have become dulled of late when it comes to entering this country illegally in the first place, and then that of a felony if deported back and re-entering.

Tri-citys may be starting to get bad, but a trip to Sunnyside and its neighboring communitys will give anyone a look into the very near future. I remember a not to distant past when the migrant workers were just that, following the harvest. Now we have large corporations that own these farms and hire illegals to do most if not all funtions on a daily/yearly bases, giving rise to this sub-culture of gangsters that traffick in drugs, prostitution, human trafficking, rape and murder.
Im not kicking at you here Twoclones, I only ask the the question, how far do we take the legal responsibility of hiring illegals, and what can be done to stem the tide of violence? Im open to any solution that works. Until we have had enough and demand this flood of illegal aliens be stopped, I fear the price of those apples will become much more expensive.

I heard a bit on the radio recently about illegals using fake social security numbers. It went something like: "If a potential employee has what appears to be a genuine SSN card and the government doesn't complain when the employer sends money to that account, just how liable should the employer be when it's discovered the employee is illegal?"

When I get into these discussions it's easy for me to remember the gang shooting 4 blocks away last year. Everything about that was illegal including the sawed off rifle used. We seem to have more than enough laws but not nearly enough consequences.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top