JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is long...listening as I type this. I've been in Cali on business recently and went by my usual reloading / ammo store. Dealers have STILL not been told what happens on July 1st. DOJ has not release the process to them yet.

What he is saying in the video (according to the dealer I know) has not been communicated to the actual people selling the ammo.

Part of the problem is that there are two conflicting law that passed.

My Brother lives under the Thumb of Kali, he says it's no biggy, do the thing for the sake of doing it, then go about business as usual!

Same as we do in Colorado, cross the "I's" and dot the "T's" and it's all good!:cool:

I have only bought 2 boxes of ammo in the last 10 years. One of them was a 600 round can of .45ACP from Cabela's and the other was a 100 round box of .38spl from Walmart. I make my own ammo for everything I have now. IF I buy a new to me gun that I don't already have the dies for I will get the dies and consumables for that particular new firearm before I shoot it. The exceptions would be Rimfire and Shotgun ammo.

Dropped into my store that I use in Cali yesterday. They are starting to get some info but still many unanswered questions for them. Like, can a person from out of state by ammo in CA? Makes flying in for a trap shoot kind of difficult with ammo limits on planes. It also looks like they will have to enter the quantity and caliber of ammo for CA DOJ to track. Ugh.

So stopped by a Sportsmans in CA near the border back to America. Asked the nice folks at the gun counter if the knew how out of state resident buyers were going to obtain ammo after July 1. $19 fee, per purchase, and a bgc that can take 3 to 10 days. Good times.

Since I have purchased firearms in Cali and would be in AFS (the system that allows residents to pay $1 and walk out with ammo) could I do this too? Curve ball. They thought since I no longer have a CA address likely not.

Death by 1,000 paper cuts.

I have only bought 2 boxes of ammo in the last 10 years. One of them was a 600 round can of .45ACP from Cabela's and the other was a 100 round box of .38spl from Walmart. I make my own ammo for everything I have now. IF I buy a new to me gun that I don't already have the dies for I will get the dies and consumables for that particular new firearm before I shoot it. The exceptions would be Rimfire and Shotgun ammo.

It will only be so long before the anti-gunners figure out there was a massive "loophole" for law abiding citizens to exploit. It will have zero to do with the fact that after 30 years they couldn't watch 10 mins of video explaining everything they needed to know or ask the police trainers. Arrogance.

Laugh at California now or cry later when it hits everywhere else. Remember, pro gun people are too lazy to vote, based on, look where we're at. Washington state is up the creek with half a paddle. Oregon barely dodged a bullet. Very little help coming from DC POTUS or SCOTUS. Send what ever help you can to groups like FPC or other site fighting back in California.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top