JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What would you do if this situation presented itself to you? Your working at your job at safeway and...

Two masked gunmen tie up Safeway workers in Clark County

by Stephen Beaven, The Oregonian Sunday May 31, 2009, 7:21 AM

The Clark County Sheriff's Office is investigating a robbery in which two masked gunmen tied up five employees at a Safeway store, police said this morning.
Deputies were dispatched to the store at 11696 N.E. 76th St. at 12:14 a.m. today after the employees freed themselves. None of the workers were harmed.

They told police the store was closed and locked at 11:00 p.m. Saturday and that about 10 minutes later, one of the employees was confronted by the gunmen in a break room. This worker was forced to page colleagues, each of whom was then bound with duct tape, according to the sheriff's office.

The gunmen forced one of the workers to open a safe and a cash register before being taken back to the break room. About 45 minutes later, the workers freed themselves and called police.
The store was searched but the gunmen had already left.
Anyone with any information about the robbery was asked to call the sheriff's office tip line at 877-CRIME11.

Stephen Beaven; [email protected]

Last Edited:
I wouldn't be anywhere in today's world without my CC. deep CC if must be. :nuts:

Not that I would ever carry at work *cough* *cough* but if I did *cough* I would go from my normal "one in the pipe" to a condition 3, loaded mag but empty chamber...

I am interested in seeing what our lovely Oregon judicial system says about employees with CHLs carrying at work. (The case of the teacher down south carrying in schools -- while legal under ORS the district employment policy prohibits it... So the worst case scenario is you get fired...)

Not that I would ever carry at work *cough* *cough* but if I did *cough* I would go from my normal "one in the pipe" to a condition 3, loaded mag but empty chamber...

I am interested in seeing what our lovely Oregon judicial system says about employees with CHLs carrying at work. (The case of the teacher down south carrying in schools -- while legal under ORS the district employment policy prohibits it... So the worst case scenario is you get fired...)

It's not against the LAW to carry at work. It may only be against the employer's policy. They could get you on trespass and or fire you.

I think every law abiding citizen should carry! It would make for a much nicer community!

Car Prowlers Shoot At Vancouver Homeowner

POSTED: 12:35 am PDT May 30, 2009

KPTV News

A man chasing teenage car prowlers away from his home Friday avoided injury when one of the teens shot at him, police said.

The homeowner heard the teens outside his home on Northeast 50th Way at about 10:15 p.m. When he went outside to investigate, he saw three teens who had broken the window on his car and stole his GPS receiver.

He chased the teens for about one block, police said, before one of the teens fired a gun at him. The bullet missed the homeowner and struck a nearby car, breaking its window, police said.

There were no injuries in the shooting and the three teenagers have not been located.

It's not against the LAW to carry at work. It may only be against the employer's policy. They could get you on trespass and or fire you.

That is correct. Most of the big employers will that I know will fire you for packing heat on their property as an employee. One of the differences in the school teacher case is that she is on public property, not private. But she is also bound by her contract which may say NO firearms on school property.

I think that the trespass comes in after you ask them to leave and they do not.

One of the differences in the school teacher case is that she is on public property, not private. But she is also bound by her contract which may say NO firearms on school property.

Correct - but I think there is still a case or appeal out there allowing school employees to carry if they have CHLs since it is public property... Someone from OFF was telling me that they were involved... But who knows how long that will take and what the outcome will be....

Correct - but I think there is still a case or appeal out there allowing school employees to carry if they have CHLs since it is public property... Someone from OFF was telling me that they were involved... But who knows how long that will take and what the outcome will be....

Agreed. It may be up to the contract, but I do not know if that out ways the right to carry. Same as the College student that carried one to school. Of course I think that he should be arrested for packing a 22lr derringer but that is a different story.

All joking aside, I live in the general area of this grocery store. One night my wife and I were going in there, and some kids ran out with some cases of beer. We were just getting out of the car, and before I realized what was going on they were halfway across the parking lot. The people working inside told us that kind of thing is hapening more frequently there. I hope that things don't continue to escalate at that store, but I can tell you that if I worked there, it would only be because I was packing. As it is, even though we live in a nice neighborhood, this kind of junk happens way too often. A kid got stabbed for a DOLLAR while he was walking to the grocery store to buy a soda, and it happened right around the corner from my house. That is where my wife goes for walks. Well, she used to. I won't let her go by herself anymore, and when I go with her, you had better believe I am not getting stabbed, unless I run out of ammo.

if yer gonna pack, pack a REAL gun..... something with some authority

To everyone who thinks like this... I hope you have seen nuttinfancy's youtube video on obligation of carry.He explaines it better than I can and I agree with him. If you carry a .22 everyday, everywhere your way better off than if you carry a .45 only when you think you might run into danger. I have a whole lot more respect for the guy who carries a .22/.32/.380/.38/9mm/.40/or the .45 everywhere than the guy who carries when he thinks he might run into trouble today. I don't carry less than a 9mm but you will never find me putting down anyone who carries anything, all the time. There is no room for caliber decisions based on pride in my world.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top